Two bonded boys looking for a new home - near Jax, FL :(

vaniir

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi there. I have two bonded boys that are both about a year old. Due to a change in our home life, I'm going to need to find them a new home. It's not an emergency so I thought I'd start here, the home of the guinea experts :)

One is an American that is brown with white trimmings. The other is a White-Crested that is white and black. They're both amazing little dudes. It really breaks my heart to even type this. I will update with pictures this evening.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Pictures are indeed recommended! I hope you can find them a good home.

vaniir

Post   » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:05 pm

So after many months of trying to make things work with these boys, I'm afraid that we have to try and find a great home for them. We live in Saint Marys, GA. We're about 30 minutes south of Brunswick, GA and 30 minutes north of Jacksonville, Florida. We've got a nice cage, fleece, and a ton of accessories that would come with them as well. I'm sure I could find a home via the local FB Rehoming sites but I was hoping to find someone who knew how to take care of them to take them.

They're awesome little piggies and they're about 1.5 years old.

Here's some pics of them and their cage:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:18 pm

They are very cute! Hoping you can find them a good home.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:40 pm

They are cute indeed. I'm sorry that circumstances dictate finding them a new home.

Just a word of caution/advice: if you do end up posting them on Facebook or Craigslist, do post a fairly high adoption fee for them. It's not very pleasant to think about, but there are snake owners who troll the ads, looking for inexpensive (and especially "free to a good home") rodents to use as "feeders."

Do you have a guinea pig rescue anywhere near you who might take them? I did a search on PetFinder and found these listings. Even if they aren't located near you, they may have foster homes in your area who might be able to help with rehoming.

vaniir

Post   » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I will be very careful when offering them to random places. I will certainly start with some rescues and see where that goes. Thanks again!

Nana VJ

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Vaniir-any chance you still have these sweet piggies? I’m interested in finding some to love on.