Does anyone check on guinea pigs in rescue?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:29 am

Barry Jenkins is still there at the Humane Society. It's tough to resist the urge to go and pick him up. I don't think it would be right to do that before my holiday travel. I'd need to be there every day for him to bond with me. With Sammy and Dean, it took a couple of months before we bonded enough to be able to leave them in the care of family. I'll take it as a sign of fate and adopt him if he's still there when I get home.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:22 pm

I hope he is. I know how it is when you see a pig & you just have to have it.

Unfortunately they don't keep lists, Lynx. But the roads are clear and I got there at 12:00 when they opened and got her - Emma! She's supposedly 8 mos. but is small and acts younger. She doesn't seem to be very afraid. She comes out of her hidey (she's in quarantine) to eat hay while we're watching. She's tan, black & white - adorable, but we'd think any pig was adorable.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Oh, yay! So glad you were able to get the little girl. Pictures, please!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 pm

I don't know how to send pics anymore. I can send them in an email attachment from my phone, but I don't know how to size them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:36 pm

It sounds like she is awfully cute and will be a great addition!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Congratulations, Bookfan, on your new piggy. Emma is a cute name! She's so lucky to get such a good home!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:00 am

This girl is very young. Only a few months old. No placard, so I don't know how old or what her name is. Curious little thing. She climbs right up and begs for attention.

Baby girl. One month old. Skittish, but did come over and sniff my finger. Even took a bit of a compressed hay pellet from my hand.

Male Abby. 10 months old. I was going to adopt him too but he's got multiple health issues and is under a vet's care. That makes him unavailable for adoption at this time. He must have come from a bad situation because he's very afraid. I had to wait for him to come out and then sneak up to his cage to snap that photo.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:28 am

I hope they find good homes!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm

Went to get more information on BJ, who I adopted last week and check on the other guinea pigs. All of them are gone. According to the clerk, the two little girls were adopted, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what happened to the male Abby. He was under a vet's care for 2 different issues. I hope he got adopted too, but I have a sneak suspicion that he died and that's why they wouldn't tell me anything. I wish I could have adopted him too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 am

I wish they had been more forthcoming with you. If I recall correctly, you have dropped off supplies for the guinea pigs.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 am

I've dropped off lots of supplies for the guinea pigs and I've adopted 3 of them from there. That should earn me the right to know. I only hope the poor little Abby found a good home, but I just have a very uneasy feeling about him. I guess it could be because of Scruffy's case and losing him not long ago. I keep thinking that I should have adopted him and took him to Dr. Landon for treatment.

They've gotten 7 more guinea pigs in the last 3 days. Someone might have surrendered their entire herd. I'm going to go visit them and see if they need anything.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Saw the rescue piggies today and this beautiful girl is the only one who reacted to me. She took the spinach leaf and nibbled my finger. The rest of them just stared at me for under their shelter. One of the boys, the baby one is already gone. I dropped off some fresh collerd greens and spinach leaves for them since my boys don't eat that.