Lost one in a bonded pair, needs emergency home

meltingtattoo

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:54 am

[ My babies https://imgur.com/gallery/eTwUPHW ]
I feel awful about this decision but I don't really know what to do. I lost my dog of 14 years not even a month ago, and last night I unexpectedly lost one of my piggies.
I'm destroyed right now and I'm not confident I can continue to take care of her and get another baby piggy.

Her name is Coffee (the black one) she turned 2 in November, she's a very affectionate and curious piggy that loves to vocalize.

I'd also be giving away the cage, a fleece (not shown in pics) a brand new never used fleece, the yellow bed, water bottle, pellet bowl, and any hay and pellets I have left. I live in the Colorado springs area so I'm willing to drive anywhere within the city to re-home, also preferably to someone who has piggies already.

I love her with all my heart and want nothing but a good loving home for her. ❤️ Thank you for reading.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

I would strongly suggest that you give yourself some time to grieve and process the loss. If you still feel the same way in a week or so, then by all means you should do what's best for you both.

If you do decide to pursue re-homing your guinea pig, a photo might be helpful. If you list her on Craigslist or other social networks, be sure to ask for an adoption fee. $35-$40 is reasonable. There are unscrupulous backyard breeders who will take advantage of "free to a good home" situations to add to their breeding colony, and snake owners routinely troll CL and other online ad services to look for free "feeder" rodents. (Not pleasant to think about, but just so you're aware.)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 pm

I would strongly suggest that you give yourself some time to grieve and process the loss. If you still feel the same way in a week or so, then by all means you should do what's best for you both.

I strongly agree with this. You're hurting, you heart is broken. You're not thinking straight at the present time. Hug your baby tight to you. Talk to her, spend time with her! Make sure you're sure FIRST!

Secondly I am so so sorry for your losses! Sending big hugs your way. Watch your remaining pig, weigh her, spend time with her. I lost one of my pigs nearly 2 weeks ago and it hurts like hell! You get over it but your love keeps you going! Big hugs!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 am

I'm so sorry for your losses so close together! I agree with the others out here to take time and decide if you really want to give Coffee up. Right now you don't need to look for a buddy for her, just spend a little more time with her and see how both of you adjust.