New Home for Young Male Guinea Pig (Bloomington, IN)

CrazedHoosier

Post   » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I’m terribly sad for having to make this post, but I believe it is the best thing to do for my guinea pig. I got him a little less than a year ago as a friend for a much older male guinea pig, but sadly, that guinea pig passed away. The poor youngster has had no pig to pig interaction for a few months now. He is near my two females, but their home is a stacked C&C cage, so they do not see each other often. He is from Petco, sadly. I actually had to treat him for a minor skin problem right after I got him. I decided to get him from such a trashy place because he isn’t a normal guinea pig. He has the fur of a teddy bear, and I had never seen that before. Because of how busy I’ve been, I’ve not been able to make a lot of contact with him, but he is terribly sweet whenever I do play with him or feed him. I know it’s a long shot, as almost no one in Bloomington seems to be “animal people”, but is there anyone nearby who can take him? I really don’t feel like selling him for money, but if people think it is the safest thing to do, I will. Can anyone nearby take this lovely boy? Can anyone help me in this adoption process?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Hey there,
What is his personality like? Can you post a picture? I'm a Hoosier and have been considering getting a buddy for one of my single males who is older but in good health. He lives alone because I haven't been able to pair him with anyone who is, for lack of a better way to put it, polite. He has a very sensitive nature. We have other males, but they're all very rambunctious and it upsets him to be around someone high energy who wants to hump him or chase him around. I had been thinking maybe another older male, but the rescue doesn't have any seniors right now.

But that could be a possibility for you if you can't find a good home for your little fellow...the rescue is in Sellersburg.

CrazedHoosier

Post   » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Well, he is still young, so if your older male isn’t interested in some young energy, I doubt he’d like my boy. He was dominant over my older male - who was the most passive pig I ever met. He isn’t overbearing, but he definitely isn’t a pushover. He is a sweetheart when it comes to people. He’s a little shy at first, but he loves being fed by hand, is curious to see what everyone is doing, and enjoys being pet. He enjoyed the company of my older male for the few months they were together. I have no idea how he would react to another male now that he is matured, because, like I said before, he hasn’t been with another pig since he was much younger.

How do you post pics on here?

I don’t have the ability to drive far, as my car is needing work done. The most I could do is about 25 miles.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 am

Did this guinea pig find a new home?