1 wonderful male guinea in DC/ Maryland - loving home only *fee*

GuineaFan2019

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 am

Hello,

I have an absolutely wonderful male guinea pig. His brother recently ran into the woods during playtime (we've had an extensive search and have been unable to find him) and he is devastated. Wanted to see if anyone who currently has a fun, loving home for guineas is available to take him in. He loves to play with other guineas, is very sweet to humans, loves being held and being in a great home. Will only consider those who already have guineas - do not believe in keeping them in solitary confinement. He is adorable - half white and grey. Not sure age - got him relatively recently. Believe he is on the younger side given his shyness and size.

Alternatively, if anyone has a lone guinea they are looking to pair, please share info.

Thank you!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:39 am

How recently did his brother escape? Have you thought of setting a trap? There have been several successful recoveries of escaped guinea pigs.

GuineaFan2019

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks for the response. That was researched, but given we live in an area right next to woods, we have so much wildlife (bunnies, beaver looking animals that are like 5x larger than guineas, deer, etc), figured it may 1) trap others and 2) perhaps cause our guy to be stuck and put in compromising position. Do you know of any traps that would prevent this? It has been emotionally exhausting and time consuming searching for him - there’s seemingly infinite places he could be.

Very much appreciate your help.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm

I can't remember who was on the thread, but someone in Seattle (I think) lost a pig in an overgrown lot next door, and couldn't find it. She posted on here, and several other places, but nobody had seen it. About a month later, someone in one of the Scandinavian countries saw a post about a woman out walking who heard a guinea pig, and was able to catch it. It turned out to be the same pig -- survived all by itself in the city for a month. Maybe you and your pig will be so lucky.

GuineaFan2019

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Wow. Thank you for the story and encouragement. Really appreciate it.

GuineaFan2019

Post   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Thank GOD - found!! We are overjoyed and so blessed. Wanted come back to thank you for the ideas and encouragement. What a wonderful community here. So much appreciate.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Wonderful! Now, we need pictures...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:39 pm

That is fabulous! I am so glad you found him!

I am totally in on the pictures! We need some! (point out which was the escapee and which was the safely in hand one)

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Yay! Wonderful news indeed!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Oh wow! That is great. What happened? How did you find him?

GuineaFan2019

Post   » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:45 pm

Such a wonderful community! Thank you!! He is black and gorgeous. Love of my life. And Big! He was in a bush a few homes down and a neighbor saw him and brought him back - keep the faith! He was close by and ready to return. He is so much happier now. One of the best days of my life. Thank you all for your support. This is an incredible community.