Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:28 pm

I love his little smile while perched on your shoulder!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Yes. Scruffy is adorable! I love his little guinea pig cheekies. I think they're his best feature.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:37 pm

So I weighed both of the boys and I am happy to report that Scruffy weighs 1lb 15 oz. Perfect. Mr. Bubbles tipped the scale at 3 lbs 1 oz. A little on the high side. I've noticed that he's started eating more pellets since he's gotten used to them, so I'll have to cut back on them a bit. Can't really cut his veggies anymore and definitely not the hay. So the pellets are the obvious choice. He'll need extra floor time as well to work off a couple of ounces.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:53 am

So Mr. Bubbles got another eye infection. I doubt it's a hay poke this time. I started a new medical thread for him and I put a picture of it on there. I will be documenting everything with the situation on it as well. Here is the link:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =2&t=77438

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:11 am

I would call this lap time, but Scruffy would rather be on my chest. Does that make this chest time? 😁

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

Went by and Humane Society and saw the cutest pair of guinea pig brothers. They had been transferred to the the Reno branch and had been there for 21 days Before that they were at the Carson City branch for 60 days. 81 days total in rescue. I felt bad for them so I adopted them both. There's a new thread for them. Suffice it to say that they are simply adorable!

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 14&t=77441
Last edited by Renonvsparky on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

Grass eating time. Go Scruffy!

Mr. Bubbles doesn't care about the camera. It's grass!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:32 am

They are so cute! You have a good heart for adopting them and giving them a home.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Yes. We love them!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:18 pm

They melted my heart LOL. 81 days in rescue is a long time. They've got a great home now with someone who loves them and will give them the best care.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I'm wondering if I should try to get Scruffy to become cage mates with Sam and Dean. I think Mr Bubbles is out of the question because he's more aggressive. Scruffy is 2 years old while Sam and Dean are 9 months. Size wise, all 3 are about the same size. I expect that Sam and Dean will get bigger. Scruffy is pretty much done increasing in size.

Other things to consider is that while he's fully recovered from the infection that nearly killed him, Scruffy might not be back to full strength yet. The other two might see him as an intruder and might gang up on him. Scruffy is very resilient and doesn't back down.

Among the other two, I'm relatively sure that Dean is the more dominant one. Sammy always moves out of his way whenever Dean wants the tunnel for himself or when he wants the veggies or the water. Dean also outweighs Sammy by a few ounces.

What do you guys think? Should I try it? If so, what experiences have you had? What works and what doesn't?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 pm

I have never had boars but I think you will find some members who advise against having three together. I'll let others comment.