I cleaned my Guinea pig's cage with lysol hydrogen peroxide multi purpose cleaner!

Lilhomie

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

(I know i lacked common sense with this action)
I scrubbed my cavy bud's cage last night with lysol hydrogen peroxide multi purpose cleaner, after i wiped it with wet paper towel an then dry paper towel very well & until dry. My guinea pig sneezed once, i didnt think anything of it at first but now that im at work im thinking about it. What should i do? Will my Guinea pig be okay? Any thoughts?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:00 am

He's fine. It's just a very expensive way to clean the cage. But I'd wipe it down with clear water to get rid of any remaining residue.

Lilhomie

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:19 am

Thanks @bpatters
Should i reclean it tonight to wipe everything down again with clear water or is what i did fine

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:41 am

The stuff you used no doubt cleaned it just fine. Just wipe it down to get rid of the residue.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:56 am

In the future, you can just use diluted white vinegar to clean.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 pm

I always use vinegar and water, unless I come across a particularly nasty stain. Then I call in the big guns in a small amount.

WICharlie

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:22 pm

The great thing about vinegar is that it will cut through dried-on urine. It also has it's own antibacterial properties. The easiest thing is to get a spray bottle and mix vinegar and water. Super easy to use at cleaning time then. Do wipe it down with clear water afterwards and there is usually no lingering smell.