Free to a good home- Maryland

alysseswann

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:56 pm

I have 3 guinea pigs I have outgrown. All males around 3 years old Comes with cage and all the supplies needed.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 pm

I moved your post to Placement; it doesn't belong under Cavy Chat. What does "I have outgrown" mean?

JX4

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Please do NOT say "free to good home" in advertisements. They will most certainly end up as snake food if you do.

WICharlie

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 am

Yes, please ask for a reasonable adoption fee and check out the home of any potential adopters to make sure they are going to a safe and loving place. If you just give them away to someone they will be eaten by snakes or used as bait in dog fighting.

I hope you do find someone to give them a good home. Responsible, adult pet owners do not outgrow their pets. They care for them to the end of their days. Sometimes things do happen though and people do have to find new placements for their pets. If you don't want them anymore, at least take the time to find a good place for them. Taking them to a local no-kill shelter is also an option if you can't find anyone to adopt them.