Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:22 pm

I am so sorry you lost her, daisymay. I know you do all you can for their good health.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I'm so, so sorry, daisymae. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace, little one, you are loved & missed.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, daisymay. :(

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 am

Got a reply back from the vet. NO autopsy will be done as Jupiter would have to be sent to a pathologist for it and they would not return her and it would cost around $800.00.

Then to really make me angry and sad and fed up I found that Carol thought it was Jupiter's heart but prescribed NOTHING! When our these beautiful creatures going to stop being hurt by those who claim to help them?

That's why we have decided unless something changes our mind these 5 left will be our last as it hurts too much to lose them and we're fed up with the so called vets! We just can't stand to see them suffer or get hurt!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:46 am

I know there are vets who treat heart conditions in Australia. I so wish your vets were willing to do so. There is a super heart page here on the site (as you know).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:32 am

There is a super heart page here on the site (as you know).
What is worse is I sent her that page Wednesday of last week. She is of the opinion heart meds are dangerous that they shouldn't be prescribed lightly.

First Jemma and now Jupiter how many more must lose their lives? And to top it off this vet is better than most.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 am

HI LYNX, JAN IS HERE GETTING A MASSAGE HENCE THE CAPITALS AND I'VE HURT MY OTHER HAND SO FEEL FREE TO FIX THE CAPITALS AND I APOLOGISE FOR THEM!
NOW MOST OF YOU KNOW WE LOST JUPITER 5TH FEBRUARY 2017, NOW WE HAVE NO IDEA WHY. THOUGH WE SURMISE IF SHE WAS LIKE ME SHE WOULD FREAK OUT, BREATH TOO FAST(HYPERVENTILATE) AND FAINT, HEART STOP ETC. THAT'S MY BELIEF IN CAUSE OF DEATH.
BUT THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED AFTER SHE LEFT US. HER WHOLE BODY SWELLED UP EXCEPT THE HEAD TO TWICE IT'S SIZE AND BECAME VERY HARD IN A MATTER OF MINUTES.
HOW COULD SHE GET BLOAT AFTER SHE WAS GONE AND WHAT CAUSED IT? WE GOT HER AND JASMINE TAXIDERMIED LIKE WE DID JESSIE AND JEMMA WHICH WERE DONE BY A DIFFERENT LADY AND WEREN'T DONE PROPERLY (LEFT SKULLS IN) SO IN TIME WE'LL LOSE THEM AGAIN.
WELL WE'RE WAITING FOR THEIR INNARDS BUT THE LADY IS HAVING TROUBLE AS JUPITER'S ARE ALL BLOATED STILL. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT CAUSED THIS AND WHY IT HAPPENED AND HOW I CAN PREVENT IT IN FUTURE PIGS. IT'S AMAZING HOW MUCH FITS INSIDE A GUINEA PIG!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL. 41C TOMORROW! ME AND THE PIGS ARE MELTING WHILST IAN IS LOVING IT. WHAT CAUSES BLOAT? JAN HAS IT AND WE SPEND MOST OF OUR DAY AND NIGHT MASSAGING HER, WE DONT' WANT TO LOSE HER TOO! WHEN SHE GAINS WEIGHT IS IT WEIGHT OR WIND? WHEN SHE LOSES WEIGHT IS IT WIND OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 am

Bloat is generally caused by the buildup of gasses that are not released normally by the body. I would ask your vet about this.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 am

Thank-you for your kind words after we lost Jupiter! Sorry I am so late in Thanking you all! Now it seems Jaffa maybe going the same way as Jemma and Jupiter her sister. We noticed around 2 days ago her breathing was a little noisy, today her breathing sounds crackling and bubbly. She doesn't do it all the time, just when being held and eating.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted before we see the useless vet tomorrow. We know how all of our pigs suffered at the hands of ignorant vets, we don't want the same for Jaffa. Thanking any replies in advance!

With other piggies with similar condition vets have prescribe Baytril and forgotten about piggies thinking Baytril is a miracle drug. None of my piggies have improved or done well on the drug. Surely Bactrim would be better? Heart meds are out as vets will NOT prescribe them not even if piggy was having a heart attack. ALL vets are useless here!!!!!!!!!!!! Hence is why I want some advice before we go to vet tomorrow.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 am

I am so sorry to hear about Jaffa. With heart meds out, there isn't anything else I could recommend.

Hoping she improves.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks for the reply Lynx. She has not made the noise for 4 hours now. Would a URI behave in this way? If i insisted on heart meds what is the best ones to go for? I ask as I want to know what ones are good for piggies and to have a few if vet hasn't got one. She is eating, peeing and pooping. BUT she did lose 27grams in a week, not much I know but with all the other symptoms has me concerned! Thanks again in advance.

If she is 1257grams what dosage? Vets here have trouble working that out too for a piggy. Guess it depends on what one and strength. Keep you posted. I am scared it is stress related as she mainly does it when picked up like her sister Jupiter did. Jupiter got so stressed she couldn't get air in, fainted and heart stopped, just like Jemma. Jemma was sick for two months and vet did nothing but put her on Baytril.

Would a humidifier help Jaffa? Do I buy one or can you make one? Sorry for all the questions but have seen two of my pigs suffer at the hands of vets and passed with same symptoms. Could not bear to lose another to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 am

Oh daisymay! I'm so sorry. I'm hoping and praying Jaffa will improve.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions since we did the same thing (Baytril) and had no improvement. Fuzz just seems to do it now and then. In her case, I doubt it's stress because I can hear the crackling at any time. Sometimes it lasts for days and then will go away for days.

I'm thinking of you both. Good luck.