Looking for boarding/pet-sitter

Annalissa

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 am

Hello all!

I’m new here, I just adopted 2 female guinea pigs in October (although I did have a small herd about 7 years ago now) and was wondering if anyone had any current recommendations for boarding cavies or leads on pet-sitters in the East Bay Area of CA (for about 10 days around Christmas (12/20-12/29), unfortunately my friend who had agreed to care for them just told me he’s going to need to go out of town).

Love the site and am looking forward to participating on the forums in times to come!

- Melissa

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 am

Welcome to Guinea Lynx!

Off hand I do not know anyone in that area. Caring for pets when you're gone for the holidays can be a challenge!

I encourage you to also check to see if there are any guinea pig rescues in your area that might have some ideas for you. If you are driving, you might even consider taking them along on your visit. I would contact your vet too.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:03 am

I believe there are several rescues and exotic vets in that area. One of the staff at either one might be willing to take your pigs if the facility can't board them.

Annalissa

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks so much for the responses - I've been doing a bit more looking around and a neighbor will be able to help but that's a great idea to talk to my vet for boarding places in the future - I had mostly been looking for pet boarding places but they seemed to cater mostly to dogs.

Thanks again!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Sometimes a skilled employee like a veterinary technician at a vet's office can help you out if they can't.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:23 pm

I'd ask your vet if any of the vet techs do pet sitting. It can be stressful for pigs in a traditional boarding environment.