Flake is not eating + injured foot

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Lynx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:51 pm I am hoping for a successful surgery!

Let me know if you'd like the foot pic added permanently to your thread for future readers.
Yes, you can add it permanently.

It was a success! I'm waiting him to wake up better and I'll pick him up.
The vet posted this image on her Facebook page.

pics/Atomicoxy-b.jpg

This is his x-ray BEFORE the surgery:

pics/Atomicoxy-c.jpg

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

My guess is that she's cut those incisors too short for him to be able to pick up his food and eat it. If that's the case, cut things in long slivers and post them into his mouth back to his molar. With any luck, he'll be able to chew and eat them then, and his incisors will grow out quickly.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 pm

I went to see him, he's still very lazy from the anesthesia and vet asked me if I wanted to bring him home or let him stay with her on her house (with no fees) and I opted to let him with her as I'm scared if something happen to him. His eyes were open and he can move his head sometime and the hands, but have more difficult with the legs, is he in any big danger?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm

There's always a risk with anesthesia, whether for pigs or for people. But if he's coming around, he should be OK.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

bpatters wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm There's always a risk with anesthesia, whether for pigs or for people. But if he's coming around, he should be OK.
Yes... He's getting better from what she said, so I hope everything goes fine and he keeps getting better.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 pm

She messaged me and said Flake is awake now! She will send me some photos of him, I'm bringing him home next morning.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm

I hope all goes well! It sounds like you have a good vet.

I'll go add your pictures (I imagine you would like the new ones added too).

Atomicoxy

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Lynx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm I hope all goes well! It sounds like you have a good vet.

I'll go add your pictures (I imagine you would like the new ones added too).
Yes, her and her husband (the one who did the surgery) are awesome. Yes, sure, add all the images, if you ever see images of mine, feel free do add them permanently, don't even need to ask.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm with Flake now, I'm handfeeding him and I will weigh daily, but he still refuse to eat, he has absolute no interest in food/water.
I'm giving him those medicines:
- Simethicone ----------------------(5 drops in 8h)
- Tramadol --------------------------(1 drop in 12h)
- Plasil (Metoclopramide)---------(2 drops 12h)
- Ibuprofen -------------------------(3 drops in 4h)
- Enrologic (Enrofloxacin) --------(2 drops in 12h)
- Probiotic ---------------------------(2h after Enrologic)
I'm not sure if I correctly translated all medicine names

(He wasn't eating on this photo)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

He probably isn't going to want to eat until a day or so after he's off the antibiotics. You'll just have to force feed him, whether he likes it or not.

Atomicoxy

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

bpatters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm He probably isn't going to want to eat until a day or so after he's off the antibiotics. You'll just have to force feed him, whether he likes it or not.
I'll keep handfeeding him, he really don't like it but there is no other way.

Also, he doesn't poop/pee, I don't see a poop for a good time, is that "normal"?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm

He may be eating them all. Pigs sometimes do that when they're ill.

But it also may be a sign of him not eating enough. How much food are you getting in him with the hand-feeding?