Translucent Teeth

csegura

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Hello! Leo my 5 year 6 month old pig who has translucent teeth and a tumour in his mouth as well as a beginning URI at the time. This all happened two weeks ago where I was given Baytril from the vet which admittedly I feared drug intolerance due to him no longer eating the critical care on his own. Although he wasn’t eating anything else even then. Since then I’ve been hand feeding him daily, giving him his medication and water and he had gained weight perked up and was bright eyed. His uri symptoms of the crackly lungs, discharge, and sneezing has stopped. After the full 2 weeks were up we felt as far as the uri goes it was safe to stop the Baytril. Two days after stopping it there has been a major decline in health. Including weight loss, lethargy, and overal just hunched in a corner barely breathing. Needless to say he is definitely dying now. So I immediately started the Baytril again although I’m not sure what for since the URI is gone. Everything I syringe feed him as of last night he spits out too. I’m aware it may be time to say goodbye despite me being somewhat hopeful because of the huge turn around. But does Baytril help cancer spread ? I wouldn’t imagine so but it’s the only other medical condition that I can think of that would take him regardless. We also suspect potential seizing last night as well that was very short lived. Since he fell to his side as we fed him and spread out his leg and opened his foot. Very unusual behaviours.

Phantomhorse

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Baytril is an antibiotic, so I find that very unlikely. However, that is not to say it would be able to effect the tumor. The tumor could still have been growing, or it could have become large enough to be taking up enough of a blood supply to make him feel weak. Or it could have gotten large enough to block off his throat to where he isn't getting enough oxygen or it hurts to swallow? Tumors feed off of the blood and any veins that they can get to. Have the vet look at his mouth and see if it grew. As of how he sounds right now, even if you were considering it he is not a surgical candidate, he would have some pretty big risks. Others should be able to tell you more than I could.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:33 pm

It sounds like you need to see a vet asap. I am hoping he can still recover. So sorry he is so ill.

csegura

Post   » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 pm

"https://serving.photos.photobox.com/785 ... 14754b.jpg">

My sick boy fell asleep on me <3 he made it through the night. I suspected severe gas due to finding feces with large looking clear bubbles? and gave him 0.2 ml of olive oil and he perked right back up again. The fight continues.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 am

Praying for a good and peaceful outcome for you all. Hang in there!