The Northern Herd Chronicles

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:49 pm

*creaking door sounds*

*cough cough*

Why Hello?! Wow its been awhile hasn't it? Lots of new faces. Hi!!! *waves*

Well I can tell you all a lot has changed since I left a couple of years ago. Firstly I had a nervous break down in 2015, it resulted in finding out I was suffering from ptsd. Since then its been a rollercoaster of craziness, but now that things are level, I wanted to share my masters to you. My herd has changed a lot since I left so I decided that I must start a whole new thread.

So to start off with I currently am a slave to 10 piggies. 6 sows and 4 boars.

The Girls

Alba, our oldest sow, her age is unknown but she's been with me almost 4 years now I believe.

Molly, She is doing much better now that she isn't a baby maker. We believe she's 3 this year.

Pumpkin, Molly's youngest daughter. She's two now and a total abby (you know what I mean....)

Princess Peach, Molly's eldest daughter who is also doing better now that she's not having babies. She's 2.5 years old.
(hee hee that's Dj Dave my better half)

Potato, she's an older sow, we don't know her age but she's been with us a year or so now. Yes, she's a teddy!!!!!! (my first)

Pickle, is also an older sow but it is unknown how old. She came to us with Potato. She's a naughty girl but so pretty (and she knows it).

The Boys

Oreo, Oreo is an older male. He has never had a good time bonding according to his owner. He's currently being housed with Moehawk (just recently but so far so good).

Moehawk is Pumpkins litter brother and younger brother to Princess Peach. Also son to Molly.

Mr. Dinkles, he's about 1-2 yrs old and came with his brother Todd and Oreo from another home.

Finally we have Todd, brother to Mr. Dinkles and bonded boss man.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Good to see you! It sounds like you are in a better place now.

I have to say, your guinea pigs are painfully adorable! I just want to hug each and every one!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm with Lynx on that! Make sure you take good care of yourself.

They are all precious beyond words. (So much for taking a creative writing class!)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Just gorgeous piggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I have your address so I can come and piggy nap? Might doggy nap too! Alba so much looks like our Jasmine we lost earlier this year. Just the face, I thought I was looking at a ghost! So many piggy lips and tootsies, I think I'm going to swoon!

So glad you're feeling better now, I always find my piggies a great comfort and a calming affect. Now give me your address so I can start swimming. Here piggy pigs I have a carrot for you! Look forward to more stories of the piggy bunch!

Classicalcavy

Post   » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I suffer from ptsd due to a sexual assault as a teenager. My piggies have been the best therapists in the world. I do have a human therapist as back up! I am so glad you are doing well and have an adorable herd to help you over the bumpy road of life.

tashab

Post   » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi eschimpf! I'm glad you are back. The new herd is gorgeous

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:49 pm

Thank you for the welcome and comment. I've been away due to moving, for the first time in 9.5 years we moved! We went from a town house with a communal yard. Not the best for our dog nor the piggies. Sadly we lost 4 piggies shortly after the move. Pickle, Molly, Princess Peach and Moe all passed away. Pickle and Moe did not handle the move at all. We rushed them to the vet but she couldn't find anything wrong and sadly even hand feeding failed. Peach and Pickle were very close, she passed away 3 days after her. When Molly started to stop eating and go down hill we left her at the vets, sadly she didn't make it the night.

Early August saw some much needed good news, a new boar for Moe. His name is Vanilla Bean or Mr. Bean for short. He's still recovering from a little fungal issues. 3 days after we rescued him I was asked by an acquaintance to take in her 2 skinny pig boars.

You can imagine the roller coaster I've been on the last two months but thankfully things have normalized a bit and school starts next week here so I'll have my days back to myself LOL.

Today we went out for a little treat, its been the perfect weather to take the Skinny pig boys out. We found a perfectly shady spot with lots of yums.

Mum, what keeps tickling my tummy? -Todd

OMG its the grass, kill it with your mouth Todd! -Mr. Dinkles

Like this? -Todd
Ya sure something like that -Mr. Dinkles

I love the smell of clover in the middle of the day. -Mr. Dinkles

Our newest addition to the skinny pig craziness. Cheech (darker) and Chong (lighter).

The two of them to my knowledge have never seen the outdoors (other than to get to 3 homes in 6 months oi).

I kinda like this outside idea as long as your near hooman. - Chong

I don't know... let me ponder this outsideness. - Cheech

]Image
How about a rest Cheech? - Chong
You know thats a great idea. -Cheech

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:05 pm

They are so handsome! I remember how fabulous your pictures always were! No less fab now!!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:02 am

I am so sorry for all your losses. RIP wee ones, you were truly loved and will be sadly missed. Run free and popcorn in paradise and eat the fresh green grass. Reunited never to be parted. Sending big hugs,they will always be with you!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Lynx: Awe thank you. I have had a lot of practice over the years and am so grateful to be able to show them off to you. Its sad that there isn't a calendar to enter anymore but I understand why.

Daisymay: Thank you luv. Its been a hard summer that's for sure.

With the cooler weather coming more and more each day I decided to take the girls out for a little forage time.

(bottom to top)
Pumpkin, Potato and our old lady Alba.

"Don't worry Potato I'll protect you from anything!" - Alba

"Huh? here is danger and not just food?" - Pumpkin

"Well none that I can see but don't worry I'll keep look out." - Alba

"I feel safer already with you on watch" - Potato

tashab

Post   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 pm

You take such beautiful photos of your herd eschimpf!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Awe thank you. I've been really practicing and trying out different styles.

Everyone has been settling in nicely these days. One days seems to blend into another. Today I whipped out the old seeing machine and made the boys some new Halloween stuff. More is to come but for now they have some new things. I took a quick video (no sound) on my cell. They also just had a nice bath and coconut oil rub down so they aren't too happy with me.

Halloween Cage Theme part 1