The adventurous tales of Rocket the pig

Halfrunner03

Post   » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 pm

So on Friday I got my first guinea pig, He came with the name rocket and I have decided For the time being that I am keeping it. I got home from a lady on Facebook who was giving him away free. He is a former teachers pet and was being cared for by a very underinformed owner, who left him at school on the weekends and rarely have him veggies. I am new to the forum and I don't know how to post pictures, but as soon as I figure it out I will post a picture of him! Also, before anybody says that he needs a friend, I know I will be looking for one as soon as I finish my C&C cage which will be soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 pm

It sounds like you are off to a good start! And it sounds like you've been researching care info?

Hope finding a companion goes well!

Halfrunner03

Post   » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Yes, I have been researching!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:33 am

This is the most wonderful site for learning about guinea pigs. Guinea Lynx can answer most questions quickly and correctly. We have some very experienced people on here, some in the medical profession, though not vets. Good luck with Rocket, it sounds like he's found a great home.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a piggy owner/slave. Look forward to hearing more about Rocket. So glad he has found a forever home with someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to guinea pigs.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 am

Welcome! That's wild--I remember at least one other Rocket. And a crapweasel (chinchilla) named Rocket :)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:57 am

Welcome!

Halfrunner03

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:49 pm

I hope this picture works. I finally think I figured out how to post pictures on here. This is rocket, I took him outside for the first time the other day to have some grass.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:09 pm

It says the photo is private. If you change the permissions, it should display here.

Halfrunner03

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Ok, I changed it to public. Can you see it now?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Yes. I can see it now.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 am

Cute piggy hiding in the grass. Hiding a little too well!