One pig, two pig, Red pig, new pig

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:20 am

Foster update!
Her name is Pippa and she does not cooperate with photo shoots. We got two good photos before she escaped and we had to chase her around the garden.

Edit: my photos aren't working. Link is here, I'll try again when I can host them on a different site.
https://scontent.fakl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59631AB6

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:05 am

She is awfully cute! I hope you caught her!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:07 am

She's my sort of piggy! Hates gardening! Hoping she is back inside settling in.

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 am

Fortunately she wasn't too difficult to catch. She's fast, but she's predictable.

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 am

This is not a happy update.
Charlotte has liver cancer. She has weeks to months left to live. She's doing well on pain management but is still losing weight. We're probably going to lose her sooner rather than later. She's 6, so she's done pretty well for a pet store pig.
Red has kidney failure. We're not entirely sure how bad it is - sediment in his urine messed with the test, but it's definitely not good. I don't know how long he has. There's nothing we can do. He's only 2.
That will leave us with Francis (4), Ginny (almost 1), and foster pig Pippa (5 months). So far, Ginny won't tolerate Pippa. I really need her to bond with Pippa because the age gap between her and Francis will leave her alone again if they're left as a pair. Charlotte won't tolerate anyone except Francis, so we can't start introducing Francis to anyone until Charlotte passes and she's had time to grieve. It's going to be messy. I'm confident I can get Ginny and Francis working, but if I can't add Pippa I'll have to find a third to adopt. I can't leave them with a three year age gap.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

I am so sorry to hear about Red and Charlotte! I am hoping their passing's are pain free well as they possibly can and am sending you big hugs. Hoping you can also find a friend for Pippa, maybe a no nonsense piggy? A dominating female?

I know you are but treasure every minute you have with them am know you're doing your best! You love them and they love you! Our Jessie was a store bought piggy and she lived to 8. Our Choloe was store bought and passed at 2, it's genetics and the roll of the dice. Again big hugs to you all!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best for you and Charlotte.

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:41 am

To everyone's surprise, Charlotte is still with us. She's walking awkwardly because of how big her cancer-bump got, but she was still managing to popcorn the other day. She's also loving her cuddles and stealing food out of her girlfriend's mouth, so she's very much still going. She likely doesn't have much longer, but it's looking like she'll go down hill fast when she goes and be ok until then, so that's a blessing.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:25 am

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:41 am

She is a beautiful girl. I hope she is happy until the end.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 am

I am so glad she's still with you and enjoying life. Cherish every minute, it goes all so quickly. So happy she's enjoying her cuddles.

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:43 am

To everyone's surprise, Charlotte is still doing well. She was given a week to live a week ago and is still stubbornly enjoying life. I made them a blanket fort today. She's definitely still zooming.