Random Piggie Pictures #46

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 am

@daisymay yes they are! :) they were founded by the Walt Disney Company in 93

afdani1984

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm

So I haven't been around in a bit, lots going on. Thought I'd share some recent photos...and some updates.

We've upgraded the cages. Again. Roosevelt and Truman got their 2x2 extension added on.

I'll go out on a limb and say they are enjoying the new space.

Baby Chunk...aka Woodrow, will be 6 months old in February, and he breached 1000 grams. Still as mellow and sweet as ever, when he's not rumbling around like an awkward teenager.

Annnnd...another cage upgrade, with cameo from Elinor...

Because we've added a new friend. He's not a pig, but we love him just the same. This is our new house bun, Finnegan.

Hope every one and piggies are doing well :)

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Little clunker Woodrow so cute and Finnegan ahhh!!! Love it. Elsinore just cracks me up

afdani1984

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Buns are...interesting. I'm enjoying learning about rabbit husbandry and getting to know him. He's stubborn, he pouts if he thinks he's been penned longer than he should be, and he growls at you if you do something he doesn't like. But then when he's ready for pets, it's like a big puddle of melted bun.

I wanted to name him Fillmore, keeping in line with our US President trend. It was vetoed though.

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:01 pm

I like Finnegan better I used to have a lion head I love buns as well. Glad to see you updating on the piggies

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Love your laid back house bun! And what great cages!! Lottsa room rocks!

afdani1984

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:06 pm

It took some doing. Tom was not sold on the concept of 10 animals. We saw Finn at Country Max one night and I fell in love, husband said he had to think about it. My son cried. Two days later, husband comes home from work, comes downstairs and I see him eyeballing the cages. He says, "I've been thinking about a house bun all day. But where would we put one?"

My response was, "Well...since you asked..." Followed by me pulling out blueprints I'd drawn of the space. We went back to CM to get hay, Finn was still there. He sighs, leans down and says to him, "What do you think? You wanna get out of here and go home?"

Then he totally took my blueprints and ran with it. Cut and scored the platform out of untreated pine and vinyl stick-back tiles. He was downstairs gluing and sanding. The he handed it over to me and I did the grids the way I wanted and built the door. I actually shared my photos on Facebook and had some people ask me to help them upgrade spaces for their own rabbits.

hollielujah

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:25 am

Hello everyone! New mom here to three female guinea pigs (teddies).
Black & White Sow + Black/Gold/White Sow, sisters born 12/29/2016.
Tortoise Shell & White Sow, born 12/7/2016.

Sorry about the poor quality pictures. Top picture was taken in the evening while all three were out.
Bottom left is their housing set up - half of the cage is cut out in the picture.
Their housing is approx. 12-13 square foot.
Bottom right image is of them hiding in the corners of their bed on their first day home.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 am

Wow they are cute! Even when they are hiding!

Do you have 100% confirmation they are all females? Look over www.guinealynx.info/.html and check out links too.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 pm

3 guinea pig puffs! So cute.

hollielujah

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:21 pm

Lynx - Yep! I actually made sure alongside with the woman I adopted these from, of their gender (using her knowledge and my prior research).
As cute as I think guinea pig babies are, I would prefer not to add any more little ones to the world when there are so many adorable ones already to adopt.

WindeSpirit - Thank you! I thought the same thing. They're still adjusting to their new home.
The tortoise shell & white sow (named Mango), is very spunky and is always the first to explore.
It's so funny/cute to me to see their different personalities interacting.

Mango peeking out of their hidey-house:

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Soo stinkin cute!!!