Snickerspants Vol. 7: A New Day

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:57 am

I have always thought those guinea pigs who could stand on their hind legs were so, so adorable!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:23 am

Love the pics! Nice to have faces to go with names. Rosa looks absolutely adorable.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:50 pm

I was out all day yesterday and when we got home we both fell asleep on the couch. I woke up really late, like 2am, and was rushing to get everything done so I could go to bed properly when I heard someone chewing on cage bars. I glanced into the pig room and could see it wasn't Cici, who is my only regular bar-chewer. So I thought "Great, NewPig Rosa is a chewer."

But it wasn't Rosa... it was this diva, who was upset that she didn't have any peas. She had a bowl full of pellets (you can see it here!) and a bin full of hay, but no peas. If you please.

As soon as I took the empty pea dish she flopped down, saxxy legged, and waited to be served, as pictured. *eyeroll*

Anyway! In NewPig news, look who's upstairs right now exploring all by herself!

She does seem pretty brave. She was a little spooked by the broom when I swept out the cage yesterday, but quickly realized that the position I was in meant my FACE was accessible, so she got right up in my face sniffing and checking me out. That's a Snick move so I got a little teary. I hope she keeps it up and the rest of my buttheads don't cause her to become jaded.

Other things she can keep up include passing out in a sleepy little pancake of baby pig during TV time.

I'm too much of a pessimist to be sure that I've actually got a real truly snuggle pig... but maybe?!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 pm

We were out all day yesterday and when we got home we both fell asleep on the couch. I woke up really late, like 2am, and was rushing to get everything done so I could go to bed properly when I heard someone chewing on cage bars. I glanced into the pig room and could see it wasn't Cici, who is my only regular bar-chewer. So I thought "Great, NewPig Rosa is a chewer."

But it wasn't Rosa... it was this diva, who was upset that she didn't have any peas. She had a bowl full of pellets (you can see it here!) and a bin full of hay, but no peas. If you please.

As soon as I took the empty pea dish she flopped down, saxxy legged, and waited to be served, as pictured. *eyeroll*

Anyway! In NewPig news, look who's upstairs right now exploring all by herself!

She does seem pretty brave. She was a little spooked by the broom when I swept out the cage yesterday, but quickly realized that the position I was in meant my FACE was accessible, so she got right up in my face sniffing and checking me out. That's a Snick move so I got a little teary. I hope she keeps it up and the rest of my buttheads don't cause her to become jaded.

Other things she can keep up include passing out in a sleepy little pancake of baby pig during TV time.

I'm too much of a pessimist to be sure that I've actually got a real truly snuggle pig... but maybe?!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Haha, nothing like a new pig to shake up the world order. What hilarious pictures. The pigs are all so beautiful. I can't believe how gigantic Truvy Pouf now is.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:34 pm

What a great place for super guinea pigs! May your new pig be a revelation of sniffiness!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 am

The lighting's not perfect because I did this as an impulse last night, but: the newbies with the plushies of their predecessors!

"What's so special about my butt?"

At several points last night Rosa showed interest in eating Pouf's hair. I'm sure that's going to go well. For now, Pouf was pretty good about it, although she did say "Quit it!" a couple of times.

And then we were done.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:26 pm

I love the last picture!

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm

All too cute!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 pm

What a wriggly little pig!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:20 pm

I hope to hear more about Rosa and her quest for bipedalism!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Your herd could not be cuter! I loves them all!