Niko 2 1/2 yr old sow blood in urine

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Just aim for a little less than 0.1 cc. I think the directions mention it should be at most maybe 3 or 4 drops? (more for topical)

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:11 pm

See the last photo on this thread. It might help. It looks like blue line on the syringe is marked at .06.

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30325

hbee

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:07 pm

Thank you Lynx and Catie Cavy - that is very helpful - going to get some gloves to protect my hands while I use this - any suggestions on treating her skin which is raw and flaky?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Perhaps cold pressed coconut oil? If there is a fungal infection (can be concurrent), an antifungal cream might help.

www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html

Some products should not be put on open wounds.

hbee

Post   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm using the coconut oil - seems to help

hbee

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am

Well I keep applying the coconut oil, but she is still so itchy - when I do apply I look at my hands and there are little black slivers of something (skin?) she does have black skin on her back half. I am beginning to think this may be fungal. Does anyone have pics of fungal skin besides those on guinea lynx for reference

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 am

There's not much to see.

Have you tried one of the antifungal creams (Lotrimin, Nystatin, Monistat, etc)?

hbee

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Not yet, but I do have Nizarol shampoo at home for my own hair - I can try that out and get the cream

hbee

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Niko has been shampooed with Nizorol and I put Micronazole Nitrate on her skin. However she is still biting at and itching - can the cream be harmful to her if she ingests it?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:33 pm

You should be rubbing any cream in very well.

And if she had mites, the bath would have increased the itching. Water drives the mites wild, and they drive the pig wild. It's generally better not to shampoo unless you're certain the problem isn't mites.

hbee

Post   » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:39 am

Okay I made sure that the cream is rubbed in all the way - I am getting lots of tufts of hair coming out with skin/crust attached to it. Can I use the Ivermectin while using the Miconazole cream?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:56 am

Yes.