Bloated Guinea Pig

iLena

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:53 am

Update: Today he poops normally, no mushy poop at all. he still eat oxbow critical care, timothy hay, pellet and lettuce as usual but still not as much as usual. But he doesn't want sleep inside his house, he just lying down in the cage. Is it okay? Thank you

iLena

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:21 am

i've observe him today and he has not diarrhea but his pee colour is dark brown. Is it because of the medicine or oxbow critical care? is it dangerous?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:23 am

Does the urine darken while drying? Does it look like there is blood in it?

iLena

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:40 am

No, it's not darken and i don't think there is a blood in it. What should i do?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:12 am

So the urine is dark when it is peed? I do not know if the medications affect this.

Are you weighing daily? I looked over the thread and did not see what medications you are giving. Can you tell me how much of what he is getting? What kind of lettuce are you giving?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:39 am

Medicine can affect the color of the urine.

iLena

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

the vet give him a medication for bloated and some vitamins such as vitamin C , A , and B complex. i give him 2 pieces of green leaf lettuce. i hope the medicine affect the color of the urine and nothing bad happen. What are veggies that safe for bloated piggy? Thanks

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Do not give any vegetables while your guinea pig is dealing with bloat. What medication did the vet give for bloat?

iLena

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:21 am

Here is the medication:
Allerdex
B complex
B1
vitamin C

is the medication appropriate for my piggy?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 am

Allerdex? I can't find much on this but on one page it seems to be an eye drop, on many others it seems to be "various" homeopathic remedies (seem to be various versions).

It does not seem to me your guinea pig is getting any medications at all.

Read over www.guinealynx.info/.html , which mentions some medications related to intestinal issues.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am

I agree with Lynx.

The Allerdex seems useless, and certainly is not an antibiotic.

You need a better vet if you can find one. Look for one that has training in the care of exotics.

iLena

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Thank you so much Lynx and Bpatters, really appreciate your help. My piggy is doing better because of you. Really really thank you ❤️