Random Piggie Pictures #46

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Tue May 31, 2016 1:37 am

Beautiful collage and message, skinnypigs1!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 am

Yes, it is a beautiful collage!

daveandtiff

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Evolution of a Nook

Our little boy, Capy, finding his cozy nook, a couple of different ways, during naptime mid-feeding session.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Aaaawww

daveandtiff

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Remembering my Love, Baby

1/16/12 - eating what he can of his yums on his own

1/16/12 - nappy with Mummy, while watching the papa razzi snap a photo (leg outstretched, as he often loved to do)

2/22/12 - found this somehow awkward position comfortable enough, a nap with Daddy after some nibbles

3/17/12 - snuggled up in his blankie for a nap

4/18/12 - cuddling with Mummy

4/23/12 - stretching right out :) he would stretch those legs out as far as he could when I would lift him between my arms, even before we lifted off the ground at times

4/28/12 - more yums, especially loving his favourite, outdoor grass

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 am

What colour was Baby? Orange and white?

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 am

Yes, JD, he had an orange-tan and white blend. I loved the little crest on the back of his head, it would always part a bit and was very kissable.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:51 am

What a beautiful tribute to Baby. It made my heart smile this morning. :}

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks for sharing that, sef1268. He has been so deep within my heart, not a day goes by without talking with him and wishing for our time together again one day.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 am

Was he very big, T and T?

Ravenshade refers to that as a "kissing spot."

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 am

:) RS is right on. He was nonstop kissed, over and over. Have been tearful thinking of him.

When he was young, he was a little chunker. He loved to eat, though his Daddy was an even bigger boy and bigger eater. When he developed malocclusion and later when he was older, he got to be smaller. Before we knew all of what was going on, he was getting his incisors filed. The vet who was doing this fractured one incisor and he stopped eating right away, it was so painful. I tried all ways of getting him fed just to keep weight on. He had already been losing weight, but dropped 200g in 9days, down to the upper 700's. Finally, a doctor I knew referred us to our current doctor. One of her associates was on duty at the time and discovered his molars had entrapped the back of his tongue entirely as the molars from each side were touching one another, so this is when we learned he also had molar issues that apparently had been untreated. As soon as these were filed, he started to be able to eat more on his own and gained back some weight. If I remember correctly, he was in the upper 1200's, and Daddy was upper 1300's.

Here are a few pictures of them in their guinea garden, taken on one of our last warmer fall days in 2010. They loved their corn leaves and carrot tops. Baby was 6yo and Daddy was two months shy of 7.5yo here ~

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:34 am

Look at these kissing spots: