One Little, Two Little, Three Little Guinea Pigs

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Pics of Fuzzbutt:

ImageLittle Fuzz #1 2.10.16

Not saying she's comfortable or anything, butt...

ImageComfy Fuzz 2.16.16

Image037

Image036

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Aw, what a face!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 am

What a cutie! She looks so soft and fluffy. Those eyes are abdorable.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:55 am

chock had lots of fuzzy hair when i furst got him too. its a full glossy coat now.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:56 am

Maddy, Fuzz is the one who looks just like her name sounds - a big ball of fuzz. She has the biggest dark eyes you can imagine, and most of the time we ALL have to imagine them since she's got a mostly black face, and except for the shine, they're hard to see. I can look at her and know her eyes are on either side of the white "horn" running down her nose, but half the time that white streak is about all I can see. Makes taking good pictures of her difficult at the best of times. Such a shame since she is sooooo cute.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:02 pm

aww bless her.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:27 am

I made some pads to put under the hay/kitchen areas for easier cleanup. That worked fine for a couple of months. Recently, though, first Flossie, then Scatter, discovered they could burrow under them, spreading hay from “H-E-double toothpicks to breakfast”, and under it.

Finally, a few days ago, I got tired of it. Why bother with the pads if they were just going burrow and sleep underneath, right? Well, I decided to put a stop to it by putting a brick dead center of the pad, and mounding the hay on top and around it.

That worked ...for maybe a day. They discovered the brick didn’t *have* to stop them, they could (and did) just go under the pad next to the choroplast, then circle the brick. “Yee Haw! We win!" Silly mum!

The next time I needed to change out the pads, I decided to put a brick on both outer edges of the pad, hoping to hold it flat enough to prevent them from getting under the pad. Score!

For Flossie and Scatter. >-<

Mangler is a also alive and well.

Fuzzbutt must have been having a very painful day a week ago, because when I picked her up to put her in the carrier for dinner, she bit me. *Hard* And kept biting me all the way to the kitchen where I feed them dinner - their cage isn’t big enough for two carriers and I need to separate all three pigs to make sure Fuzz gets only what she’s supposed to get, and Peek gets ~all~ of his dinner. Anyway, I had to carry Fuzz to the carrier in the kitchen, and it was: BITE, bite, bite, BITE, bite, BITE, bite all the way. I think it was a bite for each of the 10-15 feet I had to walk. She even managed to break the skin again.

I let her eat, then gave her the tiniest drop of Metacam I could pull up. I let her sit in the carrier for a little while, then picked her up and carried her back to the cage. I didn’t get bit.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:58 am

how strange. Your fuzbit reallly sounds like shes got atitude.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:09 am

Honestly, she's a sweetheart, Maddy. She does, however, have arthritis, and I have no doubt it's painful sometimes. When she was a baby, she bit out of fear. She's a little over 2 yrs old now, and only bites when she's hurt. Or afraid, which isn't often now that she's grown and used to me.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 am

aww poor little girly i know how horible it is to be in pain as i am in pain every dam day.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Decided to put some sleepy pics up even though I haven't told VeBee's story yet. I'll get to it soon, I promise.

Not sleeping but too cute not to share: (Flossie - little brown butt & Scatter - big brown and white butt)

Where's Flossie?

Pardon the lack of housekeeping, I'm still training VeBee:

Last but not least, Peek and The Veeb:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:21 pm

That is for sure an awfully cute little white butt!