Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:55 pm

JaneDoe, that's so sweet!

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 am

Yes, it is. Pippin used to do that. Maybe Lightning did, too.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

My boys were so good!

This weekend I had to work both jobs and couldn't return home as all public transportation stopped Friday. I left them with a mountain of food and was really nervous considering Patapsco's tummy problems.

As soon as I approached the door I heard wheeking and when I got inside Patapsco was sitting on top of the pigloo. All the food was gone. Talk about a sight for sore eyes!

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 pm

I had Patapsco put to sleep on February 8th. He had a huge pancreatic tumour in his abdomen which had metastasized, so even more drugs, tests and emergency surgery wouldn’t have saved him. He was beautiful, sweet, smart and perky until the end—it broke my heart to have him euthanized but I know he must have been in horrible pain.
He came at a turbulent time in my life—about three months after Puzzle’s death, three weeks after Perpetua’s death and about six weeks after the robbery. Meanwhile, the guy who saved my life in the robbery has cancer and it doesn’t look good. My heart aches for both of them.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:46 pm

I'm very sorry, JaneDoe. :(

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Thank you, AldenM1. Except for some GI problems last year he never went to the vet except for checkups.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:51 pm

It sounds like your boy was sent to you when you needed him. You gave him a wonderful home with lots of love, JaneDoe. I'm so sorry for your loss.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Thank you, C. Cole. I think all of them were. Patapsco lived with me for more than three years.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 am

its difficult when any animal passes but i think pigs have a special place in their owners hearts...

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks, Maddy. Been looking at containers for his ashes. It is too painful--just gonna tell them to pick out a nice one.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 pm

How could I forget today is the feast of St. Perpetua? I dreamt about Patapsco last night :S

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 am

Eleven years ago this month I brought home "Baby" Pandora. She eventually grew into her ears and head.

Even though she lived longer than any of my other pigs I called her "baby" because of her roundness and small size:

Honestly I thought a plain white pig was boring but she was cute and got along well with Pippin. Years after she died I was thinking of what a beautiful girl she grew up to be and that I wouldn't mind having another white piggy again. Then Pepino came into our lives...