possible urine scald

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:50 am

PinkRufus -- does she look satin-y to you?

meganmarie

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Ginger is on baytril. She does fine on it, ususally. Today we woke up and she has diarrhea. There's not even a shape to her poops. Just mush.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Forgive me if I've not read back far enough to refresh my memory. Are you also giving her a probiotic?

As for my very non-expert opinion, Ginger doesn't look like a Satin to me. If she is, then I have at least one, and I don't believe I do. She looks so much like Flossie they could be twins (except for the lighter tan around the eye(s).

Also, from my research, Silkie is a breed, although not universally accepted as such.

meganmarie

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

No, I'm not giving her a probiotic. I'm unsure if to give it to her after or before giving meds. Unfortunately, we gave her meds today, and i then asked my boyfriend to check her bits. That's when we realized she has diarrhea. We gave her the meds around 1, so i want to give her the probiotic around 2 30. Is that okay?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Anytime between one and two hours after each dose of antibiotic.

I recommend you give a probiotic every time a pig is on Baytril. I haven't seen a pig yet that didn't have problems with it, although my vet assures me that there are some.

meganmarie

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks, Bpatters. I'm giving her it in about 9 minutes. I'm giving her a half a crushed pill of acidophilus.

meganmarie

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:23 pm

I also just gave her poop soup. Blech.

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:18 pm

So, her poop was back to normal since 5:30 Yesterday afternoon. I didn't get on because I was watching her and i wanted to make sure she was going to be okay. I have now been regularly giving her probiotics after every dose of baytril. Thank you guys so much. I don't know what i'd do without you guys. : )

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 pm

You're doing a great job!

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Thank you, Lynx! : ) Means a lot.

meganmarie

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 am

Jeeze. So I am up late and i was watching tv with Ginger on my chest. I had her on a maroon towel, and she pee'd. It had a fair amount of calcium in it. For the past few days, they've only been eating green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and sweet peppers(My grocery store that i get produce from has had sub-par cucumbers recently, so i'm staying away from them.). I don't even know how she'd even still be producing excess calcium. We also only give them brita water. *sigh* I hate calcium.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:25 am

What kind of pellets? You might want to increase water intake too.