Everyday's a Dede Day!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:33 am

When Delta turned 9 months old I took some pictures.

Here some of them -

And here is from far away...

The black cat is my boy Panther, he was born feral and a stray, I first saw him when he was a few months old and now 3 years later with a lot of wet food bribing he is my boy who trusts me with his life.
The tabby is Barney, he is 15.5 years old and is our old grumpy crazy man,we call him crazy as he'll ask to be let in one door and will then ask to be let out the other, and he'll just keep going in and out, scratching if we don't open the door - but we have to love him!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:38 am

I love your pictures! What an expressive girl she is!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:59 am

Delta is looking adorable as always. Those cats are really enjoying their time outside and give new meaning to the phrase 'Dead to the world'.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm

In 9 days our lovely Delta will be celebrating her 1st birthday. She is doing very well and is a happy little girl. (:

Will post pictures on her birthday!

Things have been as hectic as normal here in the rescue..just over a month ago we picked up 12 Guinea Pigs and then a couple weeks ago we picked up 7 - 5 of which were pregnant.

The first babies born from the pick up groups were born yesterday - 6:50-ish am the first girl, Crackle, entered this world and her two sisters followed.
The group of 7 was all named after breakfast foods...so mummy is Waffles, Grandma (Or auntie, pregnant) is Wheatie, three older sisters (all pregnant sadly) are Kellogg, Krispie and Maple, their brother is AppleJack and dad is Coco-Pops.

The three new girls are called Snap, Crackle and Pop.
Snap is the fully ginger one (in the middle), Crackle is the black with a bit of ginger (left) and Pop is the agouti..just like her papa.
Once they're older, they'll get spayed and put up for adoption as a trio - they currently live with their mum, grandma and three older sisters.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 pm

So happy to see an update. Can't believe how time flies and that Delta will be turning 1 year old in a few days. Congrats on the babies - they are adorable and love how everyone is named after breakfast foods.

Sad that the girls were pregnant but at least they're under your care for now. You must be super busy with the new rescue pigs and the latest additions. I'm always amazed at the dedication of those running a rescue. Thank you for saving their lives/making it better.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:45 pm

They are adorable indeed!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:05 am

Happy Day, Delta! She looks great! And what wee sweet babies!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 am

Oh, I love Barney. Love big fat tabby toms.

tashab

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:47 pm

I love new piggy baby stink eye. Happy birthday to Delta!

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Happy birthday Delta. What adorable babies too!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:59 am

It's like the troika of evil!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 4:18 pm

This morning while sitting on the couch at 6am watching Youtube (what everyone does on a Saturday morning!) I heard one of the Guineas down stairs chirping and so went to check it out to see if it was someone in the rescue room or in my Guineas room. Normally when a Guinea is chirping they stop as soon as they can tell I'm heading towards them, but this time it didn't - the reason being because it was Delta! She is a lethal white so is blind and deaf...so even when I yelled up stairs to let everyone know she just kept going. I then ran up stairs and got this short video of her. Ignore the mess - haven't cleaned since yesterday morning!