Milkyway - From Hell to Here aka Mikly & Friends

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:05 pm

A MEMORIAL and an INTRODUCTION.
The Bad news then the good.

Ruby was about 5 weeks old when she came home from the rescue with her two adopted sisters. Ruby is below on the right.

She was always a very sweet gal. Very athletic in cage jumping from one level to the next across hayracks and pigs etc. She was the sentry pig, alerting us to munchie time even in the middle of night if she saw me walk by the room. She also chirped. Click on sound cloud link below to hear, she is quiet at first but gets louder about 30 seconds into it.

She had a habit cleaning other pigs faces and eyes though it was not always welcome attention. She was a petite girl her whole life though and no pig ever got after her much. She was like the baby of the herd.
She was always a sweet cuddly lap pig, giving daddy many kisses and jumping into my hands from him to me when time to go home for veggies.

A year ago she had a huge urethral stone removed and recovered well. More recently she had a huge aggressively growing cancerous lump removed. She did not recover well from this. We lost her about a month ago to her cancer. She was a dear sweet piggy and will be greatly missed. May she popcorn free now and make the Rainbow at the bridge another pig brighter.

Now I will begin work on a post announcing the good news.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:59 pm

After Ruby passed I knew the herd still needed a third gal piggy. I began looking immediately because I didn't want anypig mourning long. I had a few hopefuls of really needy pigs and then things fell through on each of them. Then one just an hour away showed up on Craig'slist. This one turned out to have been well cared for. However it seemed her 12 year old owner was facing an illness and needed a good home for her beloved little baby piggy. She found one. And I am sure this is the right piggy for our home.

Previously Jelly Bean, now named after an exotic Hibiscus liquer from Mexico, Her name is Xaica, pronounced like "Shy-cuh" rhymes with American pronunciation of Micah. She is young. They estimated 8 to 10 months but lookit her, she may be younger and that food bowl is far smaller than most. She sure is a hyper little gal too.

She had a tiff with Tika.
I translated it to human from guinea pig for your convenience:

Tika - Don't touch me.
Xaica - I can touch you right?
Tika - I SAID. DON'T. TOUCH. ME.
Xaica - Can I touch you here?
Tika - no
Xaica - Can I touch you here?
Tika - No.
Xaica - How about here?
Tika - NO!
Xaica - But what about---
Tika - N!!! - O!!! NO! (then Tika chases Xaica away down the ramp or whatever.)
Eventually Xaica got the message, Tika doesn't like to be touched by other pigs.

Tika with a bit of Xaica fur in her mouth.

Do not worry, I am experienced with intros and have even had a case of severe domestic violence between a betrothed couple. (boar was neutered) I am prepared for and am monitoring the transition of Xaica into the herd. One positive, they have not been this lively in some time. Tika is the only one who had any issues and hopefully this will all be worked out in no time.

One more adorable Xaica picture for now.
Actually it was breath she was sticking her nose up about. heheh

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Some great pictures, TexCavy! I like your stories.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:45 pm

So cute! Who is your big orange fatty? I love the picture of biggie and little-ie next to each other.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 pm

I think that is Roden, snowflakey.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:26 am

Yes, Orange biggie is Roden. :)
Thanks, glad y'all like. Sorry I messed up Ruby's pics by posting one twice and leaving something or other out. OOPS.

This is Roden during floortime. I was on the floor on my belly propped up on elbows and he walked right over and used my arm as a pillow. heheh

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:34 am

He is fabulous! I lurves him.

tashab

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Look at his dewlap! He looks like a lovely chub

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

He's super cuddly.

Check this out y'all.
Xaica can now get close to Tika without losing any fur over it.
Success so far. Keep paws crossed though. But they have been in cage together since intros and no one has been harmed so it's looking good.

Also the ever popular Roden ear!
He loves ear smooches.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:39 pm

So cute!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Roden is quite the man!

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:18 pm