Everyday's a Dede Day!

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 am

Love those......they are so adorable!! Love the tongue ones esp.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 am

so many cute pictures! And definitely calendar-worthy :-)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat May 10, 2014 11:09 am

Gorgeous photos. Loved how you captured them in some many expressive shots.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat May 10, 2014 11:11 am

Oh my, what adorable pictures! I too think the one Lynx picked out is calendar worthy, although I would pick all of them to be in the calendar.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Thu May 15, 2014 3:40 am

Thank you all for your replies about the pictures - I'd forgotten how much I'd missed taking outside pictures of Precious...with these little LWs It's not as worrying about them running away! (:

As some of you may know, I have a herd of 6 girls and a de-sexed male and had a de-sexed male pair (Any male guinea that is mine gets de-sexed and I don't want to take any risks!).
Sadly, last night one of my older boys (only 6 years old) Bubbles passed away. We'd been having a few medical problems with him and it was just getting worse.

That's left me with his buddy Ron all alone. Ron has been de-sexed for a couple of years now, so I've been playing around with the idea of tying to introduce Ron to Darla, Dede & Delta...I really don't know how it would go. But I do know that if Ron scares Delta...she has 3 sharp pointy front teeth what hurt when she nips!

If they get along. The four will live in a 2x7 c&c cage.

It will be Dede & Delta's first time meeting an adult male. Darla's first time meeting a de-sexed male guinea...all the males she knew in the past were intact hence Dede, Delta, Dot & Deka! It will also be Rons first time being introduced to girls as I've had him since 4 weeks of age and he'd grown up living in a male trio with my other two males at the time.

Fingers crossed it does work and I think Darla needs another guinea to hang out with and chat to!

Dede is still hanging around 175 - 190grams...Delta is up to around 370 grams.

Not long until the girls are 8 weeks old/2 months old!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri May 16, 2014 8:11 pm

The intro went well...Darla wasn't over protective at all, she's coming out more now Rons there and Dede is till eating her food.

Darla and Ron eating together - a cute couple!

Dede, Ron & Delta

Delta and Ron eating some pellets together...Delta and Ron are looking like they'll be great friends

Dede eating her food

Delta eating some yummy lettuce

Darla and Delta just sniffing out Ron

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

More super pictures!!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri May 16, 2014 10:28 pm

I'll take a "family" picture later on today....am so glad that Ron is settling in well and introducing him to the girls has been a turn for the better!

Delta often follows him around, she's really taken to him!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat May 17, 2014 1:41 am

Your pictures are incredible.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 8:59 pm

All the outdoor shots were gorgeous! Loved them.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Glad to see that Ron is integrating well with the ladies. Loved the shots of all that crazy fluffy white fur and then 1 neat handsome boar.

LainLockey

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 10:17 pm

Wonderful photos! The outdoors shots are especially lovely.