There's a Mouse in the House!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Awww!!!! Such cuties!!! ♥

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Well, mouse-lovers, there are new pictures from floor time!!!

Hello, admirers!! My hooman FINALLY came home and let me out.

It was fun and all, until someone came along and stole my feets! Ahh!

With no feets, its a good thing there's lettuce delivery around here!

There will be a video to come later, but until then - Kisses to all who love me!!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Video!

Our downstairs neighbors just got a puppy - in the video, every time he freezes, the dog had started barking. Haha. No worries, he finished that lettuce and tomato off as soon as I picked him up.

Hopefully this link works and isn't too big. :-/

(PS - Done posting pics till next page, lest I get in trouble :) )

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Okay, random floor time question - and I know I should totally know this by now - is it normal for them to eat their non-caecal droppings? As in the normal beans?

JadeMagpie

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Good question -- mine seem to, or their caecal droppings look very similar. Some they do, some they don't. Is your pig eating all his droppings? Or just some?

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:04 pm

He ate like four in a row, a few of which were softer so they may have been caecals. I know what they're supposed to look like in the cage, but don't normally catch him him eating them so I don't know. Everything from today was normal, and I just cleaned his cage so we'll see what he does tonight. He is eating everything I put in front of him, and gained half an ounce. :) I was just wondering.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello, again - Mouse here!! It's cold here in Iowa, so my mom has to make sure the thermostat is turned up so I don't get chilly! I had an extended floor time tonight, in a different room than usual! My mom told me it was fine, but I don't think she realizes how fast eagles can attack! :)

Someone needs to teach my mom not to hover around me when she's home! I think she has piggie-paranoia or something after she lost my brothers, but she's driving me crazy! I'm being a good boy and am eating all my hay and veggies, but she doesn't seem to notice that. She keeps picking up my pigloo and looking in my cage to make sure I'm okay, even though i am JUST FINE! :P Someone make her stop! A guy can't even get any napping done at this rate!

I got a different hay rack tonight - this one stands up in the corner, since I'm rather small, so its easier for me to reach! I love to eat out of it!

That's all for now - more later! One picture for you, here I am hiding behind my squirrel friend - while stuffing my face!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 pm

What a cutie!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 am

Eagles *can* attack really fast. Be careful!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:16 pm

And Ouiser has distributed eagles to most of the houses on the forum, so you can never be too careful! My abby is really mad at her for the ones she sent over here.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh, well thank you Ouiser. I now have a piggy that trembles during floor time unless he has something COMPLETELY covering his head! Even if his nose is sticking out, its not good enough.

Stupid eagles.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Mouse is such a beautiful little guy!

We have eagles over here in the UK too, just ask my Arnold! He's almost 6 and has been hiding from them all of his life. I've yet to see one, they must appear as soon as I leave the room.