Life according to Alice

Hunybee

Post   » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 pm

That is a very cute picture of you and your little human sizing each other up.

Alice, you are adorable. My Rosie and Jasper have it pretty easy too. All I ask is that they not spread their poos all over the cage. But they don't listen.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 am

Hunybee, mom has been getting a little red around the collar lately. I caught a little infection due to a large piece of hair being somewhere it should not. I think all of us should have it easy.
I have discovered the yummy goodness that is hay. I've also discovered that I am sort of lazy and pee and poo in the hay box.
Mom put up a hay rack and a new litter dish. I slide around a bit when jumping in, but it's ok I guess.
I have finally gotten comfy enough to stretch my legs. I don't jump around when dad makes one of his signature naughty words.
He doesn't bother me. I thought he would actually touch me tonite but he didn't.
Someday....
I have been on medicine for 3 days and I feel better than ever. Mom redid my cage and I have to say, I love, love, love it. I popcorn each time I hear the hay or a piece of cardboard. I popcorn so much that I startle myself sometimes.
I really do love my life. Mom says we are buying a better place to live and that I will get a pretty sweet setup. I am fine with what I have. It's really big. Like a huge loft.
My favorite person is that little hooman, Kaylan.
But my very favorite thing is to snuggle with mom at night. I wheek pretty loud when it is bedtime. I always have to go to bed when I am really comfy, so I protest.
Oh, I love yummies. If I can eat it, I will.
Night night.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi friends.
Alice here. Oh boy, what a week.
Mom has been helping me with this UTI, and yesterday, she got some kind of illness. She called it throwing up.
She apologized to me lots of times because we couldn't snuggle. She leaned down and gave me a rub and I showed her how cute I can be. She called me frog legs.
Mom kept talking to me all day today about getting me a surprise. I guess she really did feel bad.
For dinner, I got to taste my first ever orange bell pepper. I must say that I love it. Almost as much as my yellow pepper.
Then mom showed me two new colors of fleece. Yay! I can't wait until I can spread the hay all over them.
I showed mommy how happy I am about all of my treats by popcorning every time she talked to me or walked by my cage.
Mom also does this thing that I used to find annoying. I'm learning to tolerate it because my little hooman sneaks in a kiss too.
Mom. Turns me on my back while holding me and touches my toes and then kisses my belly. The little hooman does it too. I guess it's ok. I dont squirm as much as I used to.
Here is a picture of me and Patch. They call him Patch the No Bad Dreams Pony. He was the object that little hooman used to keep away the bad dreams. She gave him to me so that I wouldn't be scared.
I don't like that he was trying to eat my pepper. But I still love him. I like to hide under him when I am scared.
Time for me to hang with mom. She is better now. I've got a nice feast of pellets and hay.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm

What a cute pic of Alice under her stuff toy. Nice that your daughter gave up Patch to help ALice feel more secure. Can see that Alice really is much loved and totally spoiled.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Whew! Let me tell you, it has been so very crazy in our family lately. Mom and Dad bought a house. Now I don't have to hear all of the scary apartment noises. I like the new house now. I had to sleep in this tiny little cage for a few days until mommy could get stuff set up. Now I have my really big cage back.
This is me on our 3rd day.

The counters are really cold. I am not comfy unless I am on a towel. I don't care too much for the hardwood floors either. I slide around too much. I mostly call out to mom when I want to go somewhere that is slippery.
The worst part of moving, so far is the bath. Oh how I did not like the sprayer on my back. Mom dips me in the water to wash my pants when I get pee on them. That's ok. But this time, she got my whole body. I jumped straight out of the sink. Mom said she will use the tub next time.
Here is me. That was a big jump for me.
I did really like the blow dryer. I could sit there all day under it.

Mom is still moving stuff around and unpacking all of the boxes. I like that part. So many things to explore. We go sit on the front porch in the morning in the sun while mom has a cup of coffee. I am happy just to be in the sun. I wheek quite loud at mom when she takes me inside too soon. She said that there are some pretty big birds that would like how I taste.
I do wish I could run in the grass like my little human does.
All in all, I am a pretty happy girl. I get yummy hay and pellets. I also get lots of good veggies. I just found out that I love watermelon and parsley. Yummy.
Ok, well, I am going to sign off for a bit. I'm pooped.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Frog legs!!

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Very cute.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 pm

She loves to sleep on that lid in her pile of pellets. That's her travel container.
I never knew I could be amazed daily, by such a tiny creature.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 am

Hehehe, love the frog legs!!!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm

I like Kaylan. She is really nice.
I do not like water. I refuse to drink it. I HATE to be near the kitchen faucet. I screamed so loud yesterday when mom went to wash my pretty poop socks, she actually laughed. She laughed really loud. She said I sounded like I was being roasted. I really hate getting wet.
I don't know if it matters. I popcorn all over my cage. I also like to karate kick the pellet bowl and anything else that is in my way when I do popcorn zoomies. Mom cleans the poop a million times a day but I always manage to find a set of poop socks to wear. I wish she would get a job or something and leave me alone. Then I could do as I please. She says I'm getting really sassy. I do like it when I watch tv with Kaylan. She holds me in funny ways, but I kind of don't care. I just love her and she loves me.
Mom called this a candid shot. She is good at the ninja stealth stuff. She has caught me a few times in relaxed positions.
I stuffed myself and hid out in the "family room snuggly", where we hang at night. Mom has little soft areas all over the house for me. I really do have it good.
Sleep well my friends.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 am

I love that you get so many frog leg pics! What a sweet and trusting pig/

Guinea Love

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 am

Too cute! I love how Kaylan is holding her so she can see the TV too.