Finger licking... good?

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Mon May 27, 2002 2:25 pm

I did a search, but didn´t find any threads on this topic, so maybe I used the wrong search parameters.

My question is that my new sow, Oreo, just goes to town on our hands when she´s being held. Would a salt lick help? The boys haven´t needed one, or maybe they do and I´m clueless?

She gets Kaytee Guinea Pig Pellets (just the pellets), Orchard Grass hay (from a bale I bought from a local rancher), fresh grass (now that it is spring), and some veggies.

Or does she just need time and proper diet for a little bit before I decide to get her a salt lick?

Thanks!

Jenny

Becky

Post   » Mon May 27, 2002 3:55 pm

I asked the vet about the salt lick because my sow, Cookie, was always licking it. He said it really didn´t make much difference if it was in there or not. Since she has bladderstones, he said throw it out.

I don´t think they need salt, but others will have more info, I´m sure.

pinta

Post   » Mon May 27, 2002 4:20 pm

They don´t need a salt lick. There is enough salt in their pellets and veggie diet.

stickyfroggi

Post   » Mon May 27, 2002 6:53 pm

only one of my pigs licks me and i got them a salt wheel and they could care less for it...

Thibault

Post   » Mon May 27, 2002 9:47 pm

Was that title an obscure reference to KFC?
´Finger Lickin´ Good´

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Tue May 28, 2002 12:23 pm

I asked a vet about licking by pigs once. He said it was "grooming", a definite sign of affection. (but he´s a cow vet, so what does he know?) No other vet has offered an explanation,

Sunny

Post   » Tue May 28, 2002 1:23 pm

I like your vet´s explanation gracielee. That means the lickings I get are really kisses. Anywone know if this vet is right?

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Tue May 28, 2002 9:13 pm

Thibault—Yes!

Well, so much for the salt lick then. She went on up Katie´s arm the other night and she got a rash. Katie did, I mean, not Oreo.