Pepino Died

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 pm

My sweet Pepino died October 20th. Exactly seven years before I was robbed and beaten so October 20th isn't my favourite date.

These were two of the most recent pictures taken of him:

This was his "baby picture" from the Fairfax County shelter:

These were the details of his last illness (there weren't many of them) and death:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic ... 6&start=20

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 pm

I'm so sorry.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks, PinkRufus. I am still feeling sad even with a new baby. I think a lot of it is overwork/sleep deprivation.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Such a sweetheart. It never gets any easier to lose these little guys. Time heals somewhat, but I still miss so many of ours.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Thank you, Sef.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:16 am

I’m sorry it’s a sad day for you, Jane. I think the upcoming holidays are a particularly bad time because we’re expected to be happy.

As that new little one grows, it will fill some of the empty places left by Pepino’s passing. The new one will have new habits to get used to while you still miss some of the habits that made Pepino special. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to rest.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks, ItsaZoo.

It's also my mother's health issues and the fact that I'm not happy with my job or my housing situation. And that I'm dead tired from working three jobs and everything hurts me as a result.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:59 am

That's rough, JaneDoe. As my doctor is fond of telling me, you are burning the candle at both ends. It's not sustainable. Will you have any time off over the holidays? It sounds like you could really use a break from work at the very least.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:24 am

I am sorry for your loss.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:22 am

So sorry for your lost! RIP sweet baby! Popcorn among the clouds! Sending big hugs! Pepino will always be with you! Such a little sweetheart!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 pm

Thank you both. You're right, Sef, I need to tell my boss these hours are killing me.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:14 am

Working so much and your mother's health issues are more than exhausting. When my mom had health issues and I was working just one full-time job it was sometimes so overwhelming. I wish you the best and hope you can get your work hours under control so you can rest.