Support Guinea Lynx in 2019!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 pm

2019 is here! (this means my 1989 Honda Civic Wagon is 30 years old!!) Hopefully it will be a whole lot better than 2018 (in ways too numerous to count!). Oh, and let's hope it's good for our guinea pigs, too!

Guinea Lynx is actually 20 years old now, a great place to talk about guinea pigs and more. Some content has been available since 2000, hosted on another site, moved to another temporary host (thanks, Teresa!) and finally to its own site here. The current board dates back to 1/1/2002 (there was a temporary board before that).

For those of you who value Guinea Lynx and all it has to offer, I encourage you to help support the site. Since I am no longer selling calendars and books, I no longer have the buffer I once did to cover basic costs. You can write me for my address if you need it, or can use Paypal (see tips below) . Your support is appreciated more than you know!

I remain firmly committed to keeping Guinea Lynx Google-ad-free (THIS is what Guinea Lynx could look like without your help: https://www.guinealynx.info/sample.html ). So if any of you are willing to help cover the basic costs associated with running this board (hosting/internet, etc.) which have unfortunately increased, your donation would be greatly appreciated. While contributing to expenses is voluntary, it really does keep this site going. And if you have never contributed, perhaps this could be the year you start!

I would be happy to give you a short line of text (or update your notation) as a thank you for your help. Choose whatever notation you'd like - make one up or try "Supporter in '19". Notations appear under your avatar. If you don't have an avatar, send me a picture of one of your guinea pigs and I will size it so you can upload it to your profile.

For a $40 donation I will be happy to make you an animated avatar (up to 9 guinea pig pics)as a thank you. An existing animated avatar can be updated (new pics) with any donation.

VERY IMPORTANT! => I do NOT always remember to ask you what you'd like your notation to be or if you'd like an animated avatar so PLEASE remind me and I will be happy to do so (this is a consequence of getting older and being less organized!) so this is my official apology if I forget!

If you email me at the following address, I can send you my mailing address if you wish to send a check (preferred).

For those who would rather use Paypal, I only have a personal Paypal account (it doesn't take credit or debit cards). For what it's worth, mailing a donation works better for me.

Please note, Paypal charges substantial fees. If you want to make sure I receive your entire donation (and avoid these fees), please select the "Personal" tab and "Gift" and make sure you either have funds in your account or are drawing funds from your bank (an "e-check" rather than a bank debit card or credit card). Then your entire donation should go through rather than having Paypal remove substantial fees. Checks do not incur additional fees so all of your donation is guaranteed to help GL.

The email I use for Paypal is:

You all make this board a real community and I'm grateful for your participation here. I am especially indebted to the members who answer questions about guinea pig care and monitor the medical board. I am so proud that you all make a difference in the lives of guinea pigs and in each other's lives - sometimes in wonderful and unexpected ways. And you all absolutely provide the inspiration I need to keep me going so thanks for making Guinea Lynx the great place it is!!

...and thanks for letting me talk about my chickens, Ebon, Ella, and Ginger (see the chicken thread for pictures) :-)

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Donation sent! Bump the date in my avatar please!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks so much, mmeadow! I will update your impressive notation shortly!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:02 am

Our car turns 30 next year. A 1990 Holden Nova Sedan. Covered in around 15 guinea pig stickers. How else does one pick out a white car when there is so many?

Have just transferred money. In memory of all our girls especially Jan. And to thank everyone who take the time and help me.
I know 99% of members are either from UK or USA but does anyone know of a good rescue in Australia?

To my knowledge we have 4. 2 feed their pigs only rabbit and guinea pig mix, one nothing but the mix and fruit(Where we got Jay from) and the last one worms, treat for mites EVERY 3 months whether the pigs need it or not.

If I send $100.00AUD to a USA rescue it would amount to $72.00 plus fees and even less in we sent to UK. It is for the memory of the girls(especially Jan) and we hope to make it a yearly thing. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks Lynx for a wonderful friendly site! Better advice here than our damn vets!!!!!!!!!!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:52 am

Ooooops, I missed it before. Donation done!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Thank you both so much for your donations! They really help, especially now.

daisymay, I'll go update your notation. I trust you would like to keep yours, pigjes.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Yes, indeed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:38 pm

I think it is a good choice. Something personal. You should repost some of your cartoons!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:39 pm

daisymay, I'll go update your notation. I trust you would like to keep yours, pigjes.
Yes please. Some of our current pigs aren't there but ALL of them are where it matters in our hearts! Thanks Lynx!

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Done
In Memory of Mu Mu and Ploy.
No Badges, notations, etc needed

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Thanks so much, rjespicer! I greatly appreciate the support.

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi I would like to donate but don’t know how. I haven’t been on in quite a while and forgot how to use the sight. Also I can’t start a topic, I can’t find the new topic button. Can anyone help me? Thanks!