Secret Santa

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 am

I thought I sent everyone's names and addresses yesterday. Did I miss you, daisymay?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 pm

GrannyJu1 you may have sent it to my hotmail address but I rarely go there I prefer Yahoo but GL doesn't. Ian and I have one request if we could make it? Instead of sending us cards and paying the postage to Australia.

Grab a couple of dollars and donate to your local rescue and say this is in memory of Jan a special little piggy from Australia! This would mean the world to us! Jan may not have left a legacy like Jessie did who was followed by people all over the world and she taught her vets so much about guinea pigs and dentistry but that didn't make her any less special! GrannyJu1 that includes any presents too!

I know we have sent yours to you but this was done before Jan left us! If people don't have a local rescue there are some on Ebay. It would mean the world to us if any amount even 50 cents was donated to a rescue and say in memory of a special piggy named Jan! We hope you will do this for us as it would mean the world to us and would be the best gift ever! Apart from having our baby back of course! So please we hope you will do this for us and for Jan!

I forgot to add it would be nice the money donated in memory of Jan was to go to piggies who need medical care, some loving and a forever home! This would truly be Jan's legacy! Thanks again! And a fitting one for a dear little piggy who bought us nothing but love and gave us her heart every day and in every way!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:07 am

Cards all posted last Friday the 7th. Hope they get there in time. Please do NOT send us any. Donate to a rescue in Jan's memory! It would mean so much to all of us! Hope you can understand!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 am

Sorry, cards sent yesterday. I think I found a "local" rescue to donate to in Jan's name. I hope you have a very good Christmas, daisymae, in spite of Jan's loss. You and the Mr. have a safe New Year, also.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Cards are already in the mail. A donation will be made to our local humane society that provides low-cost vet care, foster homes, and education resources for animal care. Best wishes that you and yours have a peaceful holiday and a brighter 2019.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:08 am

Thank-you both! It means so much to us that you are doing that! Here guinea pigs are nothing pets! I was told if Jan had been a dog or cat, test would be done. But because she was a guinea pig they wouldn't waste their time and said don't waste your money on her she's just a guinea pig! I was so angry with this and hurt! To us Jan was more than a guinea pig, she was our child, our family and our friend! She made us smile, laugh and was a great comfort to us!
When I mentioned how much we had spent on Jessie, we were told we were crazy as she could have easily been replaced and we could have saved all that money! Even now I am angry and hurt over it! Every creature great and small deserves the best care and medical help they can get. and smart a*rse vets can stuff it! Sorry lynx!
This is what we have to put up with and it just hurts so much! We have lost so many babies through lack of care and lack of knowledge it's not fair on them or us! They are all precious darlings and should be treated as such! There had my 10 cents worth.
Thanks again to you both! hoping you have a great festive season and all your family and piggies too as they are people too! Hoping Santa Cavy visits them all and leaves a carrot in their stockings! Have a great 2019!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:31 am

Hello again,
ItsaZoo, your card came today. Thank-you for the lovely gift! It is hanging on our tree. Sorry if I have made any mistakes inside or outside of cards! My head is all over the place and find I am having trouble concentrating. Hope everyone gets their's and Thanks again!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Wow, the post office told me 2 weeks so I wasn’t sure when it would get there. Hope everyone has some time to relax and enjoy the holiday.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Thank you GrannyJu1 for suggesting this and coordinating the addresses. All cards have been received from far and wide! Hope everyone has a great holiday!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm

The same to you, ItsaZoo! Stay safe while having all that fun! ;o)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:29 pm

GrannyJu1 your card came last week. Sorry for late reply but been busy with Joy. Tell Fuzzy I am with her! When camera comes out I hide too! Thank-you again to you all for thinking of us!