Separated my adolescent boys

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Maybe you can set up a sound softening area for them. If you drape rugs on the walls, find soft absorbent things to dull the sound. What is used technically is egg crate like foam to deaden sound in ducts, for example. This would be best in a non-dusty area. Sorry you had a plumbing flood. Interesting that you think the "victim" might enjoy a bit of the chasing. Dashing around is very good exercise, by the way!

jatean

Post   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:24 pm

I could be wrong of course, but the "victim" is such an active scallywag! I swear he knows exactly what he's doing. He's not squealing or making other signs of submission, and often stops, looks behind him and darts off again. Finchley doesn't chase for very along at all. Our first boar could be relentless, but Finchley doesn't chase or mount the younger one unless the younger one challenges him.

We did set up a sound buffer that helps a lot. Put a card table over the cage and draped a quilted blanket over that, leaving one side open so light can get in.

JX4

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Sounds like they are doing well together. They are still adolescents, after all, so expect some squabbling. A couple of fleece forests might help too.