Need some Cage/Pen Advice

rjespicer

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 am

Not exactly but it pays to play it safe ;) . She was 1,126g today and Nala was at 1,004g, Suzi is some way behind at 797g but she is putting on weight slowly but surely.

It just happened to be the right size and cheaper than the others at about $11.

SSLee

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm

I love your new cage design. As a fellow San Franciscan, I have been looking for those plastic step stools at the local dollar stores over the past few months and had my colleagues looking for them in other local cities. I just went to Seoul, Korea for vacation and found one at the Daiso store there (none in the San Francisco Daiso stores) and bought it. My sister thought I was nuts for buying that on vacation. But it wasn't heavy and helped keep one stack of clothing neatly piled in the suitcase. Now I wished I bought two step stools instead of that just one.

There is a pet sitter over in Lake Merritt, Oakland, that boards small pets and has excellent reviews. Apparently she volunteers at a rabbit rescue and is familiar with guinea pigs. If you would like me to dig up her information, please let me know. My brother and nephew took care of my piggies while I was in Asia. Unfortunately my alpha pig, Birdy, bit my nephew's hand and drew blood while he was putting down the pellet bowl. I am not sure if my nephew will be interested in helping again in the future.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Those step stools from the dollar store are great! I got some a few years back.
www.guinealynx.info/my-pigs.html

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:49 am

I have a couple also and tape (high up) some fringe around them. My pigs love them.

SSLee

Post   » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:42 am

I am also planning to velcro some fleece strips to make a fleece forest. I am guessing the dollar stores no longer carry the step stools. On Sunday, I did come across some other foot stools at the local Asian household store. They were about $4, so I will likely get a 2nd stool so my two piggies can each have one. They do not share anything.

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:35 pm

CVS had some Rubbermaid stools but they were $20, tried a few dollar stores but they didn't have them, the one I got from Amazon was $11 and they definitely seem to like it. I think there are some of those household stores not far from us so I will take a look if we find we need another.

SSLee I replied about the pet sitters in the other thread but basically it looks like the wife has made an "executive decision" on that

On a side note all three are still doing well, last weighing on Sunday Chunkita was 1,122g, Nala was 1,009g and Suzi was up to 842g which I am really pleased about.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:38 pm

None of the dollar stores in my area have had step stools in years.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:38 pm

rjespicer, a year ago my Fuzzbutt weighed from the high 1200 gms to 1300 gms. She didn't seem fat and was very happy with her cagemate, a neutered male named Scatter. As soon as we lost him, she started losing weight and is now down to 1000 gms or less, and still slowly losing weight.