Absolute disaster

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:50 am

OMG... I would totally flip out if I had GPs, they did this, then ended up with 30 baby guinea pigs. I think I´d call the guys in white to come haul me away... screaming gibberish and pulling my hair out! I sure hope they weren´t in heat- but certainly hope they weren´t ALL in heat. ohmygoodness..........

mon

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:53 am

Calm down cea! I had an accident of similar nature happen a couple of months back whereby my girls ended up in with my boys. Luckily it seems no one is pregnant. For awhile there i though Bella might be, but it was a false alarm. Hope it is for you too, but only time will tell.

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:20 am

Hi, CEA. I agree with Mon... be calm. And for heaven´s sake, try not to imagine what 30 pigs sound like when you open the fridge door. It probably won´t happen.
Last edited by bats on Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:43 am

actually, on second thought, I´d love to hear 30 guinea pigs wheeking to the sound of a fridge door opening. It would be sheer and lovely cacophony.

Peter

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:55 am

I hear fourteen of them. Pretty loud! I do wonder what thirty would sound like, though.

Hopefully if I ever get to thirty, the other sixteen will be quiet pigs...

mon

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:11 pm

Not a chance Peter. They seem to egg each other on. Maybe its a contest as to who can wheek the loudest. At least that´s what it seems like in my household and even 4 pigs can get noisy when they want to.

I recently went away for 3 days and every time I rustled a plastic bag, I kept expecting to hear them wheek. When I´m at home i find it noisy, but when i don´t hear them, I miss it.

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:30 am

Well, 30 was a low estimate. Technically, they could have up to 8-9 babies each. I believe that could bring the grand total to over 50...

bats

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:37 am

E has a point. 50 is the upper limit. That´s a lot of mouths to feed.

And Mon is absolutely right about the contest. I have two very noisy ones here. One is Piglet and the other is Jim. Jim likes to egg Piglet on when she starts to wheek. He wheeks along with her until the two of them are going full blast.

Munchkin and I just watch in silent amusement, realizing that our significant others can communicate on a level neither of us understand. My only fear is that, according to Pavlov, Jim´s wheeking-at-the-fridge behavior will continue on long after Piglet is gone.
Last edited by bats on Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cea2001

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 9:26 pm

50 pigs!! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! WOULD YOU ALL SHUT UP! My nerves are shredded!

Only joking. I´ll cope with whatever happens. Maybe I could train the whole herd up as lawn mowers, or something. Just harness them all in one long line and watch them advance across the garden. Or perhaps I could rent them out as burglar alarms (like Bats pointed out, that´s some loud wheeking).

If in two months time my posts disintegrate into insanity, you´ll know the worst came true!

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:31 pm

What posts? You won´t have TIME to be on the computer hon. You´ll be too busy changing out bedding in cages, feeding, floor time, cuddling, etc. LOL

mon

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:05 am

Sounds like bliss to me.......

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:20 pm

But then again, anyone remember the adventures of Sooty....? ;)