How to feed

usernme

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

how do i determine how much food to feed my piggies. do i just give them some and see how much they eat?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 pm

You see how much they eat and weigh them regularly. Use the guidelines on this page to determine if they are a good weight.
www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 am

Are you actually reading the responses?

You asked how much to feed the pigs. I told you -- unlimited hay, 1/8 or 1/4 cup of pellets depending on age, 1/3 - 1 cup of vegetables depending on age. What else do you want to know?

kailaeve1271

Post   » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:37 am

I agree with bpatters, she knows what she is doing and what "youtube channel" are you gettig 20% from? Many Youtube channels have incorrect information. Here on GuineaLynx you will recieve reliable information from people who deeply care for guinea pigs. bpatters is very experienced with guinea pigs and has NEVER given me false information.

The fractions (1/8-1/4 cup of pellets and 1/3-1 cup of veggies) depends on your pig and age (as said by bpatters), so experiment. Choose an amount in between based on what you think your guinea pig needs and check their poop and actions to see if it's a right match. Runny poops could mean too many veggies. Acting sluggish? Not eating many veggies? Could mean too much pellets. Simple signs show what your guinea pig needs.

I personally find the rules for feeding guinea pigs are very loose and depends on the pig (as said by Lynx who is also AMAZING with giving reliable information for guinea pigs). I don't quite understand where the confusion with these responses are. I think it was stated pretty clearly. If you could thoroughly explain what's confusing you then we will gladly help, however, asking the same thing repeatedly after fellow forum member give answers and not explaining why you keep asking the same thing is going to cause confusion and frustration.

So PLEASE thoroughly read the advice given to you on this post and look through the GuineaLynx care guides because they are full of great information on feeding