Is she pregnant or not?

Nikkivikki

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

I received a guinea pig in mid February and was told it was a boy by previous owner and her vet confirmed it. After separating them for 2 weeks I introduced them and it seemed to go well. I noticed my one make kept mounting this one but thought nothing of it since he has done it to his cage mate. On March 22 a friend of mine was by to see the piggies and she said that it looked like my new little boy might actually be a little girl. I removed that one immediately and did some research and found that he was in fact a she. I have been watching her closely while looking for a new very well experienced vet. Other than eating and drinking more I didn't really see anything that screamed pregnant until about 5 days ago when I weighed her she gain almost 100g in about a week and a half. Then I went to feed her today and when she came out it looked like her back end blew up like a balloon. So I weighed he again today and he weight want from 802 on Sunday to 869 today (Thurs). I don't know if the weight gain mean she's pregnant or not. Do she appear to be or not? content://media/external/file/99828

Nikkivikki

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

kailaeve1271

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm

I can’t see the photos. She may have gained weight cause she was young but honestly she’s probably pregnant. When my pig was pregnant her sides became very hard (that was the babies) and she became pear shaped. Are you noticing this with her?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Here's a post I wrote for another forum: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/th ... ong-is-she

Be sure the male is out of the cage -- if she delivers or miscarries, she can get pregnant again within minutes, and back-to-back pregnancies are very hard on guinea pig sows and the second litter of pups.