New friend for my Piggie...Nibbling new piggie's face?

guinea_newbie

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:56 am

Hello! I first got my guinea pig 2 months ago and his name is Dorian. And recently I got a new one, a Peruvian guinea pig and her name's Piggie.
However, I noticed that Dorian was kind of nibbling, I think, on Piggie's face and she would wheek loudly and run away from him. Does this mean that he doesn't like her? Or is this normal?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 am

Does it appear Dorian is grooming her face?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:06 am

I hope one of them is fixed and that you're not planning to breed them.

Pregnancy and delivery are very hard on guinea pig sows, and the death rate is high for both sows and pups. Additionally, guinea pigs can have several inherited problems, including osteodystrophy (painful, life-long bone and joint problems) and lethal white syndrome (blind, deaf pups with missing/wonky teeth and immature digestive systems). We NEVER recommend that guinea pigs be allowed to breed.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 am

I always wondered this myself. Our late Jemma use to what we assumed be doing something around our late Jessie's eye area. Jessie never ran away but we were concerned so we would remove Jessie. But we always wondered whether Jemma was just grooming Jessie. Guess we'll never know. Hope you manage to work it out with your piggies.