Help - My Piggies' Medical Problems

Piggle Lover

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:49 am

Hi everyone!
I'm a new member of 'Guinea Lynx' and I thought I might start a thread to post all my guinea pigs' medical issues on. When I post my latest problems, I would really appreciate it if you could reply with some information or your own experiences and opinions. Thank you so much to those people who reply! And please feel free to email me if you want to.
I currently own three female guinea pigs: Annabell, Honey and Daisy. Coco - who died a few years ago after surgery to remove a bladder stone - is Annabell's and Daisy's mum, and Annabell is Honey's mum. Annabell and Honey are either English Shorthairs or American Shorthairs and Daisy is an Abyssinian. I don't know Annabell's exact age, but Honey and Daisy are roughly 4 years old (right now).
Thanks for reading!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 am

Sorry you lost Coco. Please write what is wrong with your piggies and maybe someone on GL can help. Any advise given on GL whilst it will be good never replaces taking your piggies to see a vet. And being in Queensland there are quite a few good vets for piggies and if the vets are too far maybe your vet could contact one of them and they can discuss your pigs and send medical details from one to the other.

Here is a vet list, best vet for pigs is Dr Vella but he is in Sydney and is too far for even me to see but my vet discusses my pigs with him and gets advise from him. https://www.guinealynx.info/records/view ... f=86&t=240 Your pigs look lovely from your avatar. Hoping your pigs feel better real soon. And RIP Coco, run free amongst the fresh grass and popcorn in paradise and watch over your daughter and your piggy friends.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:15 am

This is kind of an introductory post instead of a medical post. Generally if someone starts a medical thread, they jump right in with their problem. I encourage you to instead only post in the medical forum posts concerning medical problems.

You are also allowed to post one thread for each guinea pig who is experiencing a medical issue and post all that guinea pig's problems on the initial thread.

Welcome to the board! I am going to move this to Cavy Chat.

Piggle Lover

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks for answering so quickly.
I was going to post my current issue that I need help with, today. Yes, we have a good vet and have been seeing them for almost five years now. Thank you for being so understanding about Coco, daisymay.
I will jump straight into my problem sometime today, and I thought it might help lessen confusion if I put most of my stuff on one thread because I might not post on it all that often. If you think that this thread should be in the Cavy Chat forum then the is fine, Lynx, I only put it in the Emergency & Medical forum because I am going to ask for advice for medical issues.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:15 pm

You can start a new thread in the medical forum with the name of that guinea pig in the title and we will try to help you.