Made as small error

amosb

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:17 pm

So I have two females 4ish years old. I had been considering getting them a friend or two since the cage is big enough. Locally someone had a pair that needed to be re-homed. They had a male and female with the male having a future appointment for neutering. After a few days I did an introduction of the 3 females to get them all together. The first few days were rough(I've never done an introduction, my first guinea pig was alone so I got another so it wouldn't be alone and had no idea about there being any process for this) but I followed instructions such as a floor intro, washing all items, bedding and rearranging the cage. I just got them settled down yesterday and things seemed good.

Today I was contacted by the previous owner owner who let me know I was calling them by the wrong names, meaning that I had actually put the male with my two females. I separated the male out again, everyone seems okay for the moment.

My question is how long before I know if this has lead to an accidental pregnancy?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Five weeks or so. I wrote this for another forum: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/th ... ong-is-she

amosb

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Thanks for the help.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Oh, I am sorry this happened! I hope there are no pregnancies. You will probably want to read everything in the reproductive area if there are any pregnancies. I would start weighing them regularly. This will also help you determine if there is a pregnancy.

www.guinealynx.info/reproduction.html