Copy Cat Piggy

minnesota92

Post   » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi!

In another post, I mentioned how I recently lost my female guinea pig, Ginny. I loved her so much and so did her cage mate, Jim Pig. I did get another female, her name is Poppy. We like to say we got him a pet :). Anyways, she is in love with him. Follows him everywhere, makes the same expressions, if he scratches himself, she scratches herself. If he eats, she eats. My other pig was never like this. He is either three or almost three and Poppy is almost two months. It is almost as if she idolizes him. It is quite funny to see. I also have a Petcube in their cage and watch/record what they're doing and she definitely copies him. Has anyone seen this before? I find it so funny because Ginny would just kick him out of the way and they both had their "things." They worked so well together. I'm just curious if younger pigs kind of look up to older ones. I think Jim Pig is kind of annoyed at times at this little shadow but it is cute.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 am

This is a neutered male?

The behavior sounds so cute. I'm glad they are getting along.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 am

It's called mirroring in psychology, which is a good thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_(psychology)

minnesota92

Post   » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Yes - he is neutered! I received him 3 years ago as a girl haha then I found out I needed another, so naturally thinking he was a she I got another female who I instantly fell in love with and literally cried my eyes out when I found out I would need to bring her back. Until we found out he could be neutered! It was so great. It is cute, she literally does everything he does haha.