How can I get health information

GuinessOllie

Post   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Hey guys how do I get heath information . I got my boar through a friend of my family and she got him from a young adult girl on Craigslist . I have him now cause our family friends daughter decided she didn't want him anymore after twelve hours . Do I ask my family friend for my boars original owners information . All I know about him from going to the vets is he is low vitamin C efficiency and really bad dandruff.

JX4

Post   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 pm

What kind of information are you looking for? If you want a pedigree, I don't think you're going to find that.

WICharlie

Post   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:25 pm

I think you mean the name of the pig's owner before your friend got the pig? Personally, I wouldn't worry about that. The previous owner is unlikely to give you anything useful. They may not even talk to you because they got rid of the pig and most likely don't want anything to do with it at this point. The only useful information they may be able to tell you is when the pig was born (if they know it) and if it had any medical care (probably not). If the pig had been taken to a vet before, the owner would have to give that vet permission to transfer the information to your vet. That would be the only way to get health records. I would guess though that the chance the pig was ever taken to a vet would be slim and the change of any records being willingly transferred, also slim.