Always with the purring

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 am

You can go ahead and give her the mite medicine -- you don't have to do any special cage cleaning for it.

The five inches of coroplast aren't enough to keep them from jumping if they get startled.

They LOVE tape. You can't put any sort of tape where they can get to it, or they'll eat it. Really gums up the works.

There are hundreds of ramp ideas in the photo galleries over at http://www.guineapigcages.com.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Instead of holding the guinea pig, you might put your son and the guinea pig in a medium enclosure (clean bathroom with clean floor) and he can just "be there" and hand feed a few treats. Non-threatening.

GuinessOllie

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 pm

I quarantined my piggie when I first got him so he could get used to his surroundings , his home and me . I put Beach towels over his cage so he can have his privacy and learn my voice . I did that till about 6months ago I’ve had him for almost 2 years . I aslo petted him with two fingers on his back gently so he could learn my touch . I would just quarantine your piggie by Giving her privacy and have her learn to trust your little boy . If my piggie doesnt like how I’m petting him he will jerk his head and headbutt me . But if he likes it he will purr and rumble