VetBed Help - Bedding Suggestions

ReiSixx9

Post   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Okay, so I've decided VetBed might be the best option for my piggies (I haven't got my piggies yet, just trying to prepare.), but I'm a bit confused about the different backings. I see there's green, rubber, and no backing. What's the difference between the types?

Also, I chose VetBed because they seemed like reusable dog training mats, but the more I read the more I realize I might be wrong. Does the liquid pass through the VetBed? Does that mean I'd have to put dog mats underneath anyways? Is there a better option for me in your opinion? I just want a cheap bedding that's easy to obtain in Australia.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't know which is best. But I do suggest just posting all your questions on one thread instead of starting a new thread for each topic.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 am

Rubber is not advised, as pee needs to go through, plus pigs will be tempted to get to it to chew it.

I have friends who use/used vetbed and are/were very happy with it, so I ordered a dog sized patch to try under a hidey. It was disaster for me: pee just made it wet, the pigs reeked of pee and needed a bath, the cage reeked badly, it leaked pee so I had to carry it in a bin to the washer, it got incredibly heavy in my washer, my washer nearly croaked from a small patch like that.

ReiSixx9

Post   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 am

Thanks pigjes!

Also, Lynx, I just keep thinking of more. After I've already posted another. :P

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 am

I use vetbed with the green backing and yes I wash it EVERY day. If unsure try fleece blankets with a tarp underneath first and see if you like that. I use vetbed as it is nice and soft and my vet uses it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:54 am

Just pick one topic you have started and ONLY post on that topic.

ReiSixx9

Post   » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Ah, I get what you mean now. Thanks, Lynx!