Hi! I´m new. Introduction...

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Okay guys. I am so frustrated. I wrote a really long post of appreciation from all the attention, and about where I got the Fuzz Butt bowl, and how my sister had a pig who we were joking about putting in show just so we could video tape the looks on the judges face.... Well sometimes, Guinea Lynx doesn´t work for me! So, this is a test and I will try again later if this doesn´t work. And if it did, maybe I´ll write again anyway.

By the way, eventhough Acme is going to keep their boards, my piggies do enjoy the wider audience... so I will stick around! He-he-he...

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:46 pm

Based on the way you describe you´re charges, Pinta, you remind me of my mother. She refers my older sister as "The Beauty" (rolling her eyes while she does it). And my younger sister is known as "The Other Beauty". Neither is intended as a compliment :-)

Now what´s this about Willie having 3 legs? I thought I had the corner on that market.
Bob
Last edited by bats on Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:48 pm

Okay guys. I am so frustrated. I wrote a really long post of appreciation from all the attention, and about where I got the Fuzz Butt bowl, and how my sister had a pig who we were joking about putting in show just so we could video tape the looks on the judges face.... Well sometimes, Guinea Lynx doesn´t work for me! So, this is a test and I will try again later if this doesn´t work. And if it did, maybe I´ll write again anyway.

By the way, eventhough Acme is going to keep their boards, my piggies do enjoy the wider audience... so I will stick around! He-he-he...

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:49 pm

Zoe, you´re repeating yourself. What´s up with that? Are you trying to drive Lynx crazy? With all of these system bugs, she´s already on the edge, you know...
Last edited by bats on Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:51 pm

Zoe, you´re repeating yourself. What´s up with that? Are you trying to drive Lynx crazy? With all of these system bugs, she´s already on the edge, you know...
Last edited by bats on Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:58 pm

Hmmm, did you do that on purpose?

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:01 pm

Hello again. I was cracking up over all the response here.

Lets see... Sunny: the Fuzz Butt bowl is from some touristy shop in Capitola Village California. They had other´s but one´s that couldn´t apply to a guinea pig. My friend got the Psycho Kitty one. If you want to spend the money, you can paint your own designer bowls at those paint your own pottery places. Zoe can´t belly up to her bowl anymore because of her arthritis. She loves her funky handmade ashtray from the thrift store. Cost me a quarter.

Pinta: Your guinea pig guy looks like a real stud muffin. My sister has one named Chester who she thinks is a little bit of a pansy... It´s something about how he keeps his place so nice... all the poops in a neat pile. My girls don´t seem to care one way or another about him. I try to tell her that just because a guy is sweet, neat and sensitive that doesn´t make him any less of a man.

My sister really did have this pig we wanted to take to a show as a joke. I wanted a video tape of a judge picking him up and saying, "YIKES!!!" His name was Binky. He almost got called Uniball when she discovered he only had one ball. Sir Poopsalot was another name that came up. After closer inspection she found out he also had a double toenail. Later in life he had some skin problem no vet could figure out and many huge lumps and bumps... too many to operate on.

bats

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:02 pm

Yup. Bad. Will behave -- I know your humor is short w.r.t. these system problems.

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:24 pm

Hi all.. I posted twice here and it is not working. Very frustrating. So... just to let you all know I had a bunch to say and it didn´t work! If this comes up I will be sooo surprised!

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:26 pm

No, wait! Now they are showing up! Okay... just trying to drive other people crazy so I don´t feel so alone here!

pinta

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:22 pm

Zoe - do you know how to copy your posts? On my mac I just run the curser over the words til they turn blue and hit the apple key and the C key. Then the post can be reposted with apple key + V key. You can stick it into an email window till you can get it to post again.

I ALWAYS copy posts before hitting reply.

Willie lost his leg due to a fluke bite from Leo when they first met. Leo was aiming for his butt but Willie spun and his pad got sliced. Leo was his best friend from that moment on and showed great concern. We did everything right - vet, Baytril, culture - but by the time the culture results came back - 4 days - the infection was bad. Baytril turned out to be useless and the only drug sensitive was a heavy duty drug that had to be injected twice a day. (Gentocin, gentimocin?). Gangrene set in and the leg had to come off. I´m pretty much convinced his heart problem was at the bottom of the infection getting out of control. His circulation was lousy. Beijing, another heart pig, also had to have a leg amputated after a break wouldn´t heal and she rejected the rod.

Willie was running on 3 legs within a week. We had to redo the stairs to the condo with deeper steps but other than that, he managed fine. And still continued to tussle with Leo.

The local vet community knew him as Willie the Wonder Pig.
Last edited by pinta on Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:23 pm

Hey Laura823... Do you have a pic of Mitzi? Love to see.

Yes, Daphne is very photogenic. I love that shot.