Hi! I´m new. Introduction...

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:40 pm

She is still on her Baytril. We are using up the rest of the bottle and she is on the lowest dose.

She wasn´t eating much of anything for 2 days, and what she did eat smooshed right through her. She was standing in the corner looking very uncomfortable. I have been syringing her a pellet mash (35 cc syringe), even though she would still eat some of the fruit and vegies. I have been syringing water frequently.

IU thought maybe she was out of whacck because I was giving her a lot of greens and stuff that she used to not have so much of at all.

Now she gets more and she is not pooping it out.

Her appetite is back. I knew that dandelion greens were full of some good things. I wanted to make sure she was getting enough potassium while her food was running through her... and also don´t know what the meds are doing to her system. She is eating quite a variety today and last night. She downed 2 cherry tomatoes, lettuces and greens, apple... very eagerly... crunched on dry pellets and hay. Even caught her drinking from the water bottle a little. I can´t wait to see more poop though. I know that when I get the runs, sometimes nothing comes out of me for a bit when I get better... just hoping things will start flowing properly. I guess she can´t be blocked if some came out. That is what I am most worried about.

I really thought she was leaving me when she wouldn´t eat or drink for 2 days. I was fighting to keep her weight up. I start syringing immediately when she won´t eat. Now she is wandering around the cage nibbling things and looking up at me when I come over. Looks great again.

Just riding the sick loved one roller coaster again.... trying not to fret over the downs or start believing she is invincible just because she seems so amazing.

pinta

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:29 pm

Yeah, any food switch can cause diarrhea.

If there´s blockage she would stop eating. Probably is just taking a while to work thru her system.

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:36 pm

Thanks. I sure hope so. I see it go in, but not come out. She really does seem pretty happy and energetic today, all things considered.

Becky

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:26 pm

When Cookie stopped eating, it took a couple of days before I say any major "production." I also was seeing those little poos, especially the ones that look like a little shoe with an upturned toe. My vet said it had to do with dehydration and lack of food, so the hand feeding and SQ injections were important.

Hang in there, little Zoe! I´m happy to hear she´s energetic and happy. Those are important factors!

Zoe

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:36 pm

Thanks Becky. Hopefully I will be posting about wonderful healthy poops. And I will have to do the healthy poop dance if it happens.

Zoe

Post   » Sun May 05, 2002 1:16 am

I am adding to my own post again. I have been lurking on the board, but too preoccupied with Zoe care and too bummed to write. I love this board, even though everyone knows me on the Acme board.. There are some really funny posts here and also, I appreciate that a lot of you actually seem to know stuff!

Now I am restless and worried. She is in my lap right now dozing. Zoe did finally make some nice poops, then she had 2 days of really stinky soft poop. I took her for an emergency visit on Friday because I noticed her teeth looked off to me and I was worried because she stoppped eating again. After a %^$#@ load of money... she is still hanging on. She has lost lots of weight... though I have been syringe feeding her often... also water. Her teeth checked out fine. While she was under, they gave her sub-q. fluids and took some blood. She perked up for a bit and even ate some carrot shavings and lettuce. Today... a little poop in the moring... little crunchy things I pulled out for her, and no poop the rest of the day.

I love the Oxbow Critical Care. I can actually get it into her without it running all down her chin. She still lets me syringe it into her.

The blod tests showed some disfunction in the kidneys and liver.. slightly elevated BUN, AST and bilirubin... Kind of low potassium and sodium, but expected with the diarrhea. The vet on call was Dr. Thomas who is also good. She said she had mild kidney disease... keep trying to get the food and water into her and bring her in on Monday for her appointment check up with Dr. Murray. Hope she rallies, but she looks pretty tired... I just don´t know. I hate this!

Oh yeah... and she´s got bumble foot which I am treating too. Looking good so far... Chlorhexidine washes, a little antibiotic cream and her usual very clean soft flannel pillow case bedding.

I am exhausted! Two more meds and I can go to bed!

pinta

Post   » Sun May 05, 2002 2:03 am

Hang in there.

http://208.185.185.132/forums/thread.ph ... &styleid=1

Check this thread for info on bumblefoot and pressure bandages.

Becky

Post   » Sun May 05, 2002 6:30 pm

You poor things! This is very stressful. Take care of yourself, too. Thinking good thoughts for you and Zoe.