Meet Barley, our cute but socially inept guinea pig

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm sorry about Milo.

Princess Aurora

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm so sorry about Milo's passing, TWP and TWP_2 :-(

I hope you find a friend for Barley soon.

What we did when Poofy passed away, was to put Ziggy in the emergency store cage so we could transport him to wherever we were in the house so he wouldn't feel alone and would hear our voices. In the night we used to take him to our bedroom to keep a close look on him.

Loads of cuddles and love for little Barley!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Aw, poor Barley. But maybe having figured out friend-having will help him do it better next time?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm

So sorry for your loss of Milo.

Gessika

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Aw, goodbye, sweet Milo. He was lucky to have you and also to have Barley as a buddy in his last few months.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm sorry. How is Barley?

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:23 am

I'm so sorry about Milo.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:14 pm

My supervisor at work gave me permission to bring Barley to work, so TWP_2 and I set up a C&C cage there. Barley and I are now in the routine of going to work together. I don't know how those of you with small children manage to get packed up and out the door in a timely manner! It's enough of a challenge to gather Barley's things and get his carrier strapped in to my car and get to work.

He's spending his evenings snuggled up with us on the couch. TWP_2 taught him to jump up in our laps, so he runs back and forth between us while we watch TV.

I'm watching petfinder and Craigslist, but nothing yet. Hopefully we'll find him a buddy soon.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of him snuggled up on the couch.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Lucky boy. Too bad you don't live closer. One of my high school classmates got word of an apparently abandoned piggy

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 am

Cutie!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:04 am

Aw, you have a great supervisor! It sounds like he is enjoying the attention.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

The necropsy results are back. Milo died of renal failure, and had a failing liver and some lung congestion at the end. He apparently had a congenital disorder called polycystic tubular dilation. There was nothing we could do.