Meet Barley, our cute but socially inept guinea pig

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi TWP. It's been a while since I've seen your posts (I don't visit medical too often). I didn't realize Grandpa Henry lived to be 10. That is amazing and a testament to your love and care. Sorry to hear the sad news about Barley.

Your new boy is adorable. I love his white ruff.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi, snowflakey! I've been terrible about logging in to GL this past year. I'm happy to see your himi avatar!

Grandpa Henry was our oldest boy, that's for sure. When I grow up, I want to be just like him: compassionate, joyful, loving, and exuberant. He's been gone for several years now, and I still miss him terribly.

The new boy, who may or may not remain Slater, is a serious explorer pig. We're introducing him and Lenny on Tuesday when TWP_2 and I will both be home to keep an eye on them for hours. If he and Lenny get along, they'll have a great time. They are both serious athletes and run laps that would make hamsters envious.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 am

Oh, I sure hope it works out!

TWP_2

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:06 am

We aren't around GL as much as we used ot be, but I wanted to stop in and post about the life of our sweet Slater. We adopted him, as you can see above, in September of 2014. He was a constant companion, and friend to Lenny, then Mo, then Stobby (who we still have). Slater had a bout of pericarditis in November, and was hand fed for about three weeks before he was able to resume eating on his own. He regained weight right up through about nine days ago, when he was very suddenly taken ill. We could not identify a cause, and despite hand feeding he died peacefully last Wednesday morning, in his mama's (TwoWhitePiggies) arms.

He was a sweet, curious, smart, playful, unique, quirky, loving little creature. Once I figure out/remember how to post photos, I'll post some of his life. On his last evening, I took him out to enjoy the evening, smell the smells, look at the flowers, and enjoy the sunset with me.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 am

I am so sorry you lost Slater. Reunited with his Buddies. RIP little man forever young and in perfect health. Munch on the green grass and popcorn amongst the clouds. Sending you both big hugs. What a peaceful way to slip away, one second in your arms hearing your voice the next in paradise. Glad you spent time together right up to the end. He will always be with you!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:32 am

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a big place in your and TwoWhitePiggies's hearts and will be long remembered. You have our sympathy.

I hope you and TwoWhitePiggies are managing okay in these trying times.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:36 am

Very sorry about Slater, TWP and TWP_2. Despite this sad news, it's nice to hear from you.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:16 pm

I am so sorry you lost Slater. I know he had a good life with you right up to his last evening.