Hybrid of a guinea pig and rabbit?

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:08 am

We have those at an animal preservy thing here. Looks like they have pippi longstocking stockings on!

whittibo

Post   » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:38 pm

What a thread.. I laughed, I cried, I learned about interspecies breading and even saw for my own eyes, what a grabbit looks like. :D

I not only learned lots from this thread, but the interspecies page I clicked on gave me some really, umm, educational information as well :s Like "it's mean to hide a kitten in a puppies butt".. :s now THAT is something I didn't expect to read about tonight. LOL

Guineapighelp

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 pm

Hey there. The animal you are thinking of is called a Cabbit. (Cavy+Rabbit). Rabbits CANNOT impregnate guinea pigs and vise versa. Cabbits can only be created in a lab. And even in a lab, some of them can look like beavers, some like donkeys, and some just like plain rabbits. This is because the scientist are taking different genes and mixing it with a completely different animal so it comes out different every time. They are real, but these are very, very, rare, because it it’s hard to find a lab/scientist who does that. The guinea pig could just have a disabled baby, or the picture is completely fake, because it is scientifically impossible for rabbits and guinea pigs to breed naturally. It is also a terrible idea to keep them in thee same cage because rabbits often bully and harm the guinea pigs, and rabbits pass a disease to the poor things.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:09 pm

April Fool's Day is tomorrow.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:36 pm

LOL, Lynx.