poop question

tina_3869

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:09 pm

I know that they are supposed to eat their own special poop, but do they also eat each others? Both of my boys are running around trying to eat the new guys, droppings.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:25 pm

You don´t say? It does happen but I have no idea why (usually a sick one will look for healthy poops from another pig).

This is not some weird "guy thing", now is it?

tina_3869

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:40 pm

Well, not being of the guinea pig species nor the male persuation of my own species I have no idea....males of any species are odd in my opinion.
<LOL>

I´m not 100% sure that they are ´dining´ but what else would they be doing down there? I´m not real sure I want you to answer that.
<LOL>

This has to be the most bizare conversation I have ever had.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:42 pm

They could just be sniffing him. Any newcomer needs a good sniffing, IMHO. He´s probably had a different diet and odor.

tina_3869

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:16 pm

<LOL> "a good sniffing" <LOL> Remind me to wear clean undies when I come to visit ya!

I could understand a wiff, maybe two but heck this has gone on all day. This is beyond "gee your hair smells teriffic" and borders on "only your hair dresser knows for sure"

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:32 pm

Maybe their in the "can you believe this! -- I gotta get another sniff!" phase.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:44 pm

LOL!!

tina_3869

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:41 pm

Well they ought to be ashamed of themselves, walking around sniffing his butt and then not having the decencey to share their hammack with him. I had to go out and buy him his own hammack this afternoon. They cuddle up together on one side of the cage and here is this poor new guy all by his lonesome and the only time he gets attention is at "butt sniffin time"

Does anyone else think this is beging to sound like a bad prison movie?